3. Auto
  4. Ford
  5. Focus & C-Max
  6. Focus Mk4
  7. Rear suspensions clunk. ST-line vagon 1.5eb automatic

Rear suspensions clunk. ST-line vagon 1.5eb automatic

Ford Focus Mk4
Themenstarteram 21. Dezember 2018 um 4:38

I'm having some clunk noises from left rear suspension when driving over bumps and pids. Especially when smaller bumps but rapid impact. Noise seems to be comming only left side and not from the driver side.

When sitting rear seat you can clearly locate this clunk or knoking noise comming from suspension. No question about that.

Now 1300km with this car and this noise was started approx.when 1000km was driven.

Anyone else having suspension noises?

Beste Antwort im Thema
Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2019 um 14:50

Tomorrow my car is going back to dealer for inspection of rear suspension.

Klunking noice is horrible... still they are saying that no spare parts availabe.

If they produce cars there should be spare parts from day 0.

What they are thinking, god like quality and no defects at all !!!?????

18 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
18 Antworten

I don't have any clunk noises with my station wagon, also 1.5eb and automatik. You should consult your Dealer with only 1300km and he should analyze the Noise and fix it.

Themenstarteram 31. Dezember 2018 um 4:28

Hi, It has not being easy to locate the source of this knoking sound from the rear suspension but now it seems to be clear.

Both shock absorbers are faulty !! BOTH !!

How it is possible? There must be some more faulty shock absorbers in delivered cars...

If you have Vagon MK4 Focus. Open rear seats (fold the back) so you can hear it better and while driving uneven road listen if there is knoking sound from the rear suspension. You may need to sit at back seat.

In my car small knoking sound is all the time present and with bigger bumps it is loud knok.

Themenstarteram 2. Januar 2019 um 16:50

Today I get phone call from Ford dealer.

They told me that no spare parts available! ..and there is no delivery time information available.

Unbelievable! .....just unbelievable

I alredy regret that I even buy this car....

...and this is my second MK4 already, first had some problems with the engine I get new car after just 700km driven with the first car.

At the moment has ford biggest issues with the quality of focus.

I'm afraid they changed a lot of suppliers for decreasing costs. That's the result......

Hello with the delivery problems is also known to me. I had to wait 4 months for a radiator hose which was damaged at the factory in the Fiesta ST. because the car was so new, no parts were available. I "made" so that I could drive. unfortunately normal somehow at Ford ... PS: Sorry Google Translated

Themenstarteram 4. Januar 2019 um 1:55

Zitat:

@Beli4 schrieb am 3. Januar 2019 um 21:14:57 Uhr:

Hello with the delivery problems is also known to me. I had to wait 4 months for a radiator hose which was damaged at the factory in the Fiesta ST. because the car was so new, no parts were available. I "made" so that I could drive. unfortunately normal somehow at Ford ... PS: Sorry Google Translated

I'm sorry to hear that. Must be annoying to wait so long.

I hope that it is not so long with my parts...

Well i work for ford..

No one knows when they parts are available.

I call the Ford Switzerland Customer service and say them that i want the hose.

And each day they found other part number of this hose and then they send it to me.

So did you want call Ford in your Country ? And say that them for pressing.

It makes it faster... a try is worth it

Themenstarteram 4. Januar 2019 um 9:52

From further investigation it is discoveted that knock is not caused by shock absorbers.

But it is still mystery what is causing it.

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2019 um 14:50

Tomorrow my car is going back to dealer for inspection of rear suspension.

Klunking noice is horrible... still they are saying that no spare parts availabe.

If they produce cars there should be spare parts from day 0.

What they are thinking, god like quality and no defects at all !!!?????

Zitat:

@KimeHyde schrieb am 8. Januar 2019 um 15:50:00 Uhr:

[...]

god like quality and no defects at all !!!?????

Thumbs up for this comment, I love it.

Additionally you're definitively right, they should produce spare parts from the very beginning of production.

Deine Antwort