4. Volkswagen
  5. Käfer, Beetle & New Beetle
  6. Käfer
  7. 1303 Käfer läuft nur auf 2 Zylindern im Leerlauf

1303 Käfer läuft nur auf 2 Zylindern im Leerlauf

VW Käfer 1303, VW
Themenstarteram 22. Juni 2014 um 19:58

Hallo Käfer freunde!

Entschuldigung das ich in englisch schreibe....mir fehlen die Fachausdrücke.

I have problems with my 1600 engine. I bought it several years ago. It has got new cylinders and pistons back then, the seller told me. Maybe it has been completely disassembled. It has a single 34 PICT carburetor. A stock engine i assume.

The engine is newer driven on the road by me. Now the problem: The engine only runs on two cylinders in idle and little higher. I have to put the speeder down to about 3000 rpm before it runs on all 4 cylinders.

I have checked the compression. (9,5-10 bar), changed the spark plugs, and ignition leads, i verified the correct connection for the ignition leads, i verified the intake for leaks (used WD40 sprayed around the rubber boot and the intake manifold).The ignition timing is 7,5 before TDC, the valve clearance is 0,15 mm. But it still not runs on the to cylinders on the left side of the engine (1 and 2) I checked it by pulling the ignition leads of once a time during idle. No reaction on the two left cylinders. What did i miss? Could the engine has been assembled wrong? I also changed the distributor cap.

Habt ihr eine Idee was da evt. nicht in Ordnung ist.

Mit freundlichen Grüssen aus Dänemark....

Michael

Ähnliche Themen
15 Antworten

Hi there,

are you sure the firing order is correct? Just because the cylinders 1 and 2 are on the right side, not left as you mentioned..

Rgds

Michael

Themenstarteram 23. Juni 2014 um 9:53

Thanks for the anwers. Maybe you guided me on the right way. My dokumentation says that cyl 3 and 4 are on the right side.

Thats wrong i figured out. Maybe the drawing i have shows the engine from below.

Tonight i will take of the right valve cover and verify the correkt firing order for all 4 cylinders.

Have a nice day....

Michael

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Martin00

Hi there,

are you sure the firing order is correct? Just because the cylinders 1 and 2 are on the right side, not left as you mentioned..

Rgds

Michael

am 23. Juni 2014 um 10:28

why so complicated?

you dont need to take the rocker covers off.

take off the dizzy cap and the spartkplug from number one

the firing order is written on the alternaror stand and the number for each cylinder is

is stamped into the tinware where the sparkpugs go

and after yo took out the sparkplug umber one you can stick a clean screwdriver down there

and you can find out when the piston is coming up and then you check on theh dizzy where the rotor arm is located and thats how you find out where cylinder 1 is and then you can check where the leads are going.

gruss horst

thats the right cylinder order:

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von einsatzleiter-horst

why so complicated?

you dont need to take the rocker covers off.

take off the dizzy cap and the spartkplug from number one

the firing order is written on the alternaror stand and the number for each cylinder is

is stamped into the tinware where the sparkpugs go

and after yo took out the sparkplug umber one you can stick a clean screwdriver down there

and you can find out when the piston is coming up and then you check on theh dizzy where the rotor arm is located and thats how you find out where cylinder 1 is and then you can check where the leads are going.

gruss horst

But this assumes that the distributor drive is correctly mounted.

Checking the valves as well is the fail safe method.

Most problem are CO under 1%. Then maybe running at idle(at only idle) to lean and one or two Zylinders not running, today 1+2 tomorow 2+3, next week 3+1 (check it out) - not so great problem, no fear.

A new sparkplugs and carburetor at 2-3Vol% CO maybe wonder.

Themenstarteram 23. Juni 2014 um 20:52

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von flatfour

Most problem are CO under 1%. Then maybe running at idle(at only idle) to lean and one or two Zylinders not running, today 1+2 tomorow 2+3, next week 3+1 (check it out) - not so great problem, no fear.

A new sparkplugs and carburetor at 2-3Vol% CO maybe wonder.

Irgendwie merkwürdig. Da gibt es keinen unterschied in der Drehzahl wenn ich die beiden Zündkabel für die linken Zylinder abziehe vom Verteilerkappe.

Danke für deine Antwort. Ich werde mal versuchen ob ich mehr CO im Leerlauf kriegen kann. (Kleine Schraube am Vergaser rausdrehen)

Grüsse Michael

Themenstarteram 23. Juni 2014 um 20:54

Yesterday i changed the distributor cap.

Today i did the following:

I have verified the firing order and the valve clearance. They where right. I changed the ignition coil and verified good spark at the end of the ignition leads. I took out the spark plugs on the left side which is not working properly. The spark plugs on this side are black soody and dry. I expected them to be wet and smelling like fuel. Maybe something is wrong on the left side of the intake....

Habt ihr da noch ein Paar Ideen?

Grüsse aus Dänemark

Michael

kann es sein, dass die Zündkabel immer noch falsch angeschlossen sind?

In 90 % aller dieser Fälle ist und war das so....

Check das nochmal und nochmal. Und dabei sollte der Verteilerfinger im Verteiler auf die Kerbe im Verteilergehäuse zeigen, für Zylinder 1 (wenn alles richtig montiert ist)

Gruß

Walter

Neben schlechtem Gemisch macht manchmal auch eine ausgeschlagene Verteilerwelle diese Probleme. Du kannst ja mal den Unterbrecher probehalber auf 0,8 oder sowas einstellen und mal schauen, ob sich was tut.

Themenstarteram 24. Juni 2014 um 9:02

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von VW71H

kann es sein, dass die Zündkabel immer noch falsch angeschlossen sind?

In 90 % aller dieser Fälle ist und war das so....

Check das nochmal und nochmal. Und dabei sollte der Verteilerfinger im Verteiler auf die Kerbe im Verteilergehäuse zeigen, für Zylinder 1 (wenn alles richtig montiert ist)

Gruß

Walter

Habe gestern beide Ventildeckel abgehabt. Zylinder 1 auf TOP (Cyl. vorne rechts, ventile wurden genau eingestellt. Dann ½ umdrehung an der Keilriemenscheibe zurück gedreht und cyl 2 (hinten rechts, ventile eingestellt), dann nochmals ½ umdrehung rückwärts (cyl vorne links (nr3) eingestellt, dann nochmals ein halbe umdrehung zurückgedreht. Und dabei die Zündkabel auf korrekter placierung kontrolliert.

Alles hat nicht geholfen. Die Zundkerzen links sind verrust aber trocken. Irgendwie denke ich das der Motor zuwening Benzin in die linken zylinder gibt.....Werde versuchen das Gemisch fetter zu machen...Mit der kleinen Schraube im Vergaser und evt. den Vergaser zu reinigen....

Habt ihr noch andre Ideen?

Grüsse aus Dänemark....

Michael

Themenstarteram 24. Juni 2014 um 9:03

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Martin00

Neben schlechtem Gemisch macht manchmal auch eine ausgeschlagene Verteilerwelle diese Probleme. Du kannst ja mal den Unterbrecher probehalber auf 0,8 oder sowas einstellen und mal schauen, ob sich was tut.

Das habe ich auch schon versucht...ohne Erfolg.....

Grüsse Michael

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von DerGolf2000

i verified the intake for leaks (used WD40 sprayed around the rubber boot and the intake manifold).

I think WD40 doesn't work for this job. You should use a highly volatile and flammable cleaner, regularly sold as "Bremsenreiniger", brake cleaner. Take care.

Grüße,

Michael

Themenstarteram 27. Juni 2014 um 17:27

Danke... Das werde ich in der nächsten Woche machen. Ich gebe Bescheid, wenn ich das Problem gefunden habe.....

Grüsse Michael

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Robomike

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von DerGolf2000

i verified the intake for leaks (used WD40 sprayed around the rubber boot and the intake manifold).

I think WD40 doesn't work for this job. You should use a highly volatile and flammable cleaner, regularly sold as "Bremsenreiniger", brake cleaner. Take care.

Grüße,

Michael

Deine Antwort