ForumW204
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Mercedes
  5. C-Klasse
  6. W204
  7. C180 or C200 (2013)? Help is needed... :)

C180 or C200 (2013)? Help is needed... :)

Mercedes
Themenstarteram 10. Januar 2015 um 21:51

Dear All,

I apologize in advance for posting here in English, but my German is quite limited and enough maybe only for reading autoscout24 and restaurant menu's :).

I work and live in NL now and planning to buy a car from Germany second time (the first was MMC Grandis bought near Hamburg 7 years ago :)).

Initial my plan was to buy a E200 car (a jahreswagen), but unexpected financial obligations reduced my budget.

So now I'm looking for a C200 or even C180 BE car from 2013 - T-model, petrol with Distronic+ and ILS options.

And I'm quite short in time because I already sold my former Grandis a few weeks ago and I need to have a car for the family.

Could you please help me to answer to a few questions about these cars?

1. I heard a some positive stories about the new 1.6 liter engine for C180(2013). I has small fuel consumption, quite good specs (acceleration and top speed) comparing even to E200.

Could you please tell if C180/1.6l feels significantly under-powered comparing to C200 for the case of family of 4 people with luggage? My cruising speed is about 160-170km/h than I'm travelling through German highways (and if it is not limited by signs) and up to 130-135km/n in NL, BE, France etc.

2. What is about the reliability of the C200 (1.8l) and C180 (1.6l) motors of the year 2013? Is the C180's a good motor?

3. And are there any special weak points at these cars?

4. So far we seated all together with the MB C200 T-model and found that its inner space is just enough for our family, but I took a test drive for the E200 T-model, petrol only yet.

Could be dynamics of the C180 car comparable to E200?

I need to make my choice within the next week and I like the MB C-class features, but this would be my 1st German car after the last 16 years of owning the Japanese ones (Suzuki Liana -> MMC Outlander -> Honda Odyssey -> MMC Grandis).

I do not have too much time to study the details and personal experience, so your help will be very appreciated.

Danke! :)

P.S. Please don't hesitate to answer me in German if you like. Google translate does its job :)

Ähnliche Themen
9 Antworten

Hi, me again ;)

So, the 180 is for the C-Class absolutely fine, in Turkey it is also offered for the E-Class. 156 HP is enough for this car. The 200 is also ok, and I think it should not depend on the engine this time. As used cars the 180 and 200 are almost the same, and both would be good for you so just set in other things you maybe want, like Unfallfrei, Navigation system, Automatic transmittion or whatever.

Sitzheitzung.

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2015 um 14:36

Sitzheitzung, danke! :)

So there aren't major problems with the 1.6l engine, right?

Yes, I concentrate on the Unfallfrei C180 BE cars of 2013 now due to their better fuel efficiency and approximately the same car specs compared to C200.

My plan is to buy a car like this with Distronic+, IHS/ILS, Active blind spot and lane keeping assists.

The only concert is the interior color: the car which fits to these requirements has white leather (?) interior and I wounder if this option is practical enough. Is it difficult to clean it?

The VIN gives "720A LEATHER COMBINATION" - what is this?

The cars I'm looking in are:

Main candidate - http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/262372633

The 2nd - http://ww3.autoscout24.de/classified/262287547

Or this - link to MB site

What do you think about these cars?

I would prefer a car with dark seats... But I have a son who is 4 years old ;)

I don't know your budget, but what about this one: http://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/showDetails.html?id=202375581

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2015 um 15:23

BenniBS, thank you for the link, it is a great car but it significantly exceeds my budget :(.

Even the 1st car in my list is about 500 euro more than I expect to pay - I'll try to lower the price a bit...

I have 2 teenager sons (12 and 15), they fit into the backseats. And they promised to keep the interior clean.

Well... I don't know if I trust them... :)

The interior colour is grey, the material is a combination of fabric and artificial (plastic) leather on the sides. Both very robust and easy to clean. I have the same colour and material in my own car, no problem. They still look like new after seven years.

The grey seats look much friendlier and do not heat up like black ones under sun radiation.

Both engines you are looking for are technically identical, the 180 has 0,2 litres less displacement.

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2015 um 17:33

warnkb, thanks! :) So I shouldn't worry about this light-gray interior.

Regarding the engines - I though that the 1.6l one was more recent development of MB...

Zitat:

@warnkb schrieb am 11. Januar 2015 um 16:29:08 Uhr:

The interior colour is grey, the material is a combination of fabric and artificial (plastic) leather on the sides. Both very robust and easy to clean. I have the same colour and material in my own car, no problem. They still look like new after seven years.

The grey seats look much friendlier and do not heat up like black ones under sun radiation.

Both engines you are looking for are technically identical, the 180 has 0,2 litres less displacement.

I agree with warnkb, a bright interior is much frendlyer than the boring black. If it is leather, it's no problems with white or grey. Your budget is not more than 28000€?!

In this budget also nice E-Classes are possible!

Themenstarteram 11. Januar 2015 um 18:29

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 11. Januar 2015 um 18:43:00 Uhr:

I agree with warnkb, a bright interior is much frendlyer than the boring black. If it is leather, it's no problems with white or grey. Your budget is not more than 28000€?!

Yes, my budget is about 27k euro. Unfortunately I did not find any E200 mopf with DISTRONIC+ for this price :(. And also the Dutch-specific import tax for cars (BPM) is about 1000 euro more for E200.

I'm a bit confused by the MB's C180 1.6l engines: are all they the same or C180 BlueEfficiency 1.6l is different from the C180 1.6l CGI?

Zitat:

@Peter_Nik schrieb am 11. Januar 2015 um 19:29:34 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Sitzheitzung schrieb am 11. Januar 2015 um 18:43:00 Uhr:

I'm a bit confused by the MB's C180 1.6l engines: are all they the same or C180 BlueEfficiency 1.6l is different from the C180 1.6l CGI?

They are almost the same. The Blue Efficency is only a emission reducer, but the engine is the same so it is necessary.

Deine Antwort