4. Ford
  5. Focus & C-Max
  6. Focus Mk4
  7. Ford Focus Titanium Wagon vs Skoda Superb

Ford Focus Titanium Wagon vs Skoda Superb

Ford Focus Mk4
Themenstarteram 3. Juli 2019 um 11:18

Hello,

I have make my signature on a brand new focus 1.5 titanium wagon with almost all equipment.

The wagon is not been built yet.

So nervous i have make a bad choise with all The faults on this car.

I have take a look at The Skoda Superb and it get so many good reviews.

Someone Tried both cars and Can give some inputs?

Thanks

Ähnliche Themen
12 Antworten

Hi, I don't have my MK4 yet nor have I ever driven a Skoda but the thing is: There are maybe ~30 people posting here in the MK4 forums and most but not all of them have some problems, but mostly small ones. Now think about how many Focus' MK4 are out there of which none have any or only insignificant problems. Their drivers won't be posting here because all's good.

And if you want to know about the Superb you have to go here and ask these people: https://www.motor-talk.de/forum/skoda-superb-3-b985.html

You can only get an appropriate answer if you ask someone who's already been driving one for a longer period of time.

I myself am not worried. Even if something should happen, that's what the warranty is there for.

Do U think that the Skoda has No Problems?

Themenstarteram 3. Juli 2019 um 13:54

Of course The Skoda also have problems.

But if The superb is a much better car with a much better comfort then i have made a bad choise.

Drive them both before U buy a car

And don't forget: the Superb is bigger, but also quite a bit more expensive (like 10 to 15k Euro) than the Focus.

My Focus was a bit over 35k € (listed price), a similar (as far as this is possible) specced Superb would be nearly 50k.

You compare 2different types of cars ... in a different price category!!

When you have the choice then take the skodâ ... my english is not the yellow from the egg :) in german i can explain you this choice precisely:/ I buy a mk4 and regret it ... but its cheap and in my case when i sell it in 2 years i dont think i lost much money...

I also drive a new vw passat ( i think equal to the superb) and thats on another level of space ... and comfort .... i hope you understand this crappy message :D

am 3. Juli 2019 um 15:32

Hi AndersDGP

I own the Focus MK4 1.5L titanium (120 PS ecoblue) since mid of april 2019 (5000 km yet). Equipped with manual gear shift, "winter pack", technology pack 1, and ergonomy seats.

I have none of the problems discussed in the forum until now (nevertheless, I am waiting for the alert to change oil, but it did not arise yet ;-) ).

I am totally happy with the car; the only thing I am missing is the possibility to fold down the rear seats.

Greetings,

F. T.

U can compare the skoda with the Mondeo.

I didn´t compare those, but am very pleased with my Focus. No problems so far (02/19, 5k km), love the looks and the 1.5 engine (gasoline).

But if I had to choose and money, the space in my street and garage was no matter, then I´d choose the Superb.

Design is nice (though I like the ST-Line more), Skoda builds really good cars and that one is, as mentioned before, a class higher - or 1 1/2.

How does it come to a decision between those two?

Hi, a month ago i had a rental car Skoda Superb from Sixt and was 1400 km with it on a business trip to Antwerp. The Skoda was with standard packages and i can in comparison with our Ford Focus Active Turnier say that the ford drive much better from my view. Skoda driving was from feeling same as jumping on a Trampolin. Really to soft on the street.

To have comparable drive feeling i think you need then the sport version of Skoda.

The inside view and material is a class higher as others here already mentioned.

The Superb has much much much more space. The trunk ist huge. The space between back and front seats is incredible. You have the same space like on the passenger seat.

You also have more functional details in the superb when it comes to "transport things".

The Superb is one class above a Focus. So ist not really a fair comparison.

Its a grown up car, solid, functional, reliable, reasonable but of course a little bit bland (like most skoda).

On the other hand the Focus is the more fresh, young, sporty and modern car. In the end its mainly a matter of taste if you dont really need the huge space of the Superb. And of course you will also notice the class difference in the inside (to repeat it: the Superb is one class above the focus).

Themenstarteram 3. Juli 2019 um 18:05

Thank you everbody - i Will go with the Focus.

I take The Titanium Business because i want the best comfort over st Line.

I have take the 1.5 Ecoblue and the panoramic sunroof.

My last decision - i think i will remove The sunroof and take 2.0 Ecoblue instead.

Deine Antwort