3. Auto
  4. Mercedes
  5. E-Klasse
  6. W210
  7. 1 year status with E270 CDI

1 year status with E270 CDI

Themenstarteram 7. März 2006 um 21:40

Hi all

Sorry not to be able to write in german - I have spent quite some time in this Mercedes forum even before buing my own MB, but have problems enough reading your language - my german spelling would make you cry :-)

Status for having owned a Mercedes E270 CDI limo for 1 year now:

I´m so HAPPY ! :-)

Bought my 03/2002 MB at a taxidriver with 260000 km on the clock. Price for this "old" cab here in Denmark was 50,300 euro. The car was / is in an excellent condition.

At the buy glowingplugs and a glowing relay was changed.

I have had following expenses in my 1 year ownership of the car:

265.000 km: New steeringwheel 175 euro

268.000 km: APS30 installed - ebay 335 euro

276.000 km: Klima refilled 175 euro

280.000 km: Dinitrol rust protection 485 euro

285.000km: Service "B" ar MB dealer: 1.288 euro (first and last visit) Gearbox oil was allso changed - as I hoped it would help against hard shifting between 2. and 3 gear. it was like getting a brand new gearbox

290.000 km: New "211 design" headlights - ebay 295 euro

292.000 km: New battery 147 euro

294.000 km Webasto heater installed incl. HTM, new "Tragegelänke", new thermostat at Bosch Süderbrarup - 1.900 euro

.. so it has not been a "cheap" 1.st year with my MB, but many of the expenses are "luxury" like navi and webasto etc., and I consider expenses to be an "investment" in a fine car.

At 285.000 i allso had to have 3 door frames re-painted anf rust removed from both upper "stossdämpferbefestigung" Done fairly ok at a danish MB dealer, but they did not like cars, - at least not mine... Scratched, "beulen" in one of the "kotflügel", paint dust inside the car everywhere.. What a service... At least it was repaired pr. kulanz.

Now the car has 296000 on the clock, driving perfectly, and is a joy to drive. In my job I travel alot, and do take the opportunity to rent different cars to try them out whenever possible. There is no alternative for me. The closest one was A Volvo V70 D5, but something was still missing... A W211 E220 (brand new) was a nice car, more "updated enterior" but I must admit i´d rather sit in my W210.

Pulling a camper on vacations is so convincing with this E270. Strong as 170 oxes it just climbs walls, while I´m sitting comfortably in a car build for driving, enjoying the sound of the 5 cylinder engine. Yes - i like this engine even more than the E320 cdi. this engine is fine as a BMW, but allmost to "thin" for my ear. (and then it cost the same as a middle sized house in ensurance)

I would not hesitate to recommend a w210 to someone, - it is really a nice car - even with (on my car) minor rust problems. W210 is worth repairing

Thank you for keeping a very fine Forum alive, and thank you for many good advises.

Best regards

Per Schultz

Ähnliche Themen
11 Antworten
am 7. März 2006 um 21:59

Ok, you mean fiftythousand euro? Do you? Not 5300€?

If you - i really cannot understand this price, cause i bought my 2002/7 modell for 22000€ with not more than 76000km...

It´s really an "old" cab, but i think when the motor/car has proved such a staying power i think you can really be happy.

We all here love our cars and when we are complaining it´s mostly on a high level - even when the Mercedes quality has decreased by shareholder value effects we all know that its a good and solid car to have.

I hope my english is acceptable for a german student...

Greetings Melkorle!

Themenstarteram 7. März 2006 um 22:48

Oh yes, the price was 50,300 EURO - Denmark is a nice country - but not a place where you get cheap cars.. :-(

original price for the car in 2002 was approx. 122.140 Euro..

Die in Dänemark genannten Kfz-Preise enthalten neben der Mehrwert-Steuer (moms) zusätzlich noch eine weitere Steuer: "registreringsafgift" - in Deutschland unter dem Namen "Luxussteuer" bekannt.

Einige Hersteller tragen diesem Umstand Rechnung, indem sie die Nettopreise niedriger ansetzen (deshalb sind Reimporte günstiger zu haben), aber ein Mercedes ist netto fast genau so teuer wie bei uns und deshalb brutto fast unbezahlbar.

am 8. März 2006 um 12:51

Hi,

wenn ich mir vorstelle, für einen W210 mit 265.000 KM, 50.000 Euros auf den Tisch legen zu müssen würde ich wohl nur noch mit dem Farrad fahren wollen :-)

Hab für meinen W210 E240 10/99 im Jahr 2003 gerade mal 18.000.- Euro bezahlt, KM Stand war damals 61.000 KM

Neupreis des Fzg. war 1999 91.000.- DM !

PS: Also wird man nicht nur in D vom Staat richtig mit Steuern belegt :-)

am 8. März 2006 um 17:22

Kann man so einen Gebrauchtwagen nicht in Flensburg "günstig" kaufen und dann nach Dänemark importieren? Oder wird dann auch wieder diese Luxussteuer fällig?

Gruß Mathen

P.S. My english is too bad for writing, but you can answer in english. That is no problem.

Auf diese kluge Idee ist natürlich noch kein Däne gekommen... ;)

Die Steuer muss auch bei Importfahrzeugen gezahlt werden.

Dann sollte man als Däne eine Deutsche heiraten und den Wagen auf den Schwiegerpapa anmelden.

Schwiegermutter

Schön währs, wenn auch die beliebte Schwiegermutter mitspielen würde. UUUUPPPPP`s

Themenstarteram 9. März 2006 um 16:10

He-he... Nope - it is not an option to have "Schwiegerpapa" as an owner of the car. It´s not allowed for a danish resident to drive a car in Denmark with german plates.

Regarding importing cars from Germany to Denmark, it is normally only interesting when talking about cars from up to 1995, otherwise they will be just as (or more) expensive as buying the car in Denmark.

Newer cars will only be imported due to the possibillity to get a bit more luxury equipment in the car for (maybe) a little cheaper price.

Maybe we were not the first on the moon, but our car taxes beats everything.. ;-)

So someone already had the (same) idea to registrate the car to his German father-in-law :).

Concerning the re-import issue I personally cannot give a comment to that, because I never ever have bought a new car, but a "first-hand" one. My car was 1,5 years old and the price was close to 30k€. Orginal price was in range of 60k€ - like today.

Kind regards,

André

am 9. März 2006 um 21:45

Well well, then it´s really expensive and i hope you will enjoy your Mercedes as long an much as we do. :-)

Wish you 100000km of pure joy with your car.

In summer 2006 i will also give an one year status report.

So long ;)

Wolfgang

Deine Antwort