2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Ford
  5. Mondeo
  6. 2.2 TDCi fuel consumption

2.2 TDCi fuel consumption

Themenstarteram 26. November 2004 um 13:22

Hello,

My Mondeo 2.2 TDCi Turnier now has about 2.700 kms and it is still consuming 7l/100 km. with a normal driving style and 50% city/50% highway.

Does anyone have a similar experience, or is your car consuming less.

Thanks for your feedback !

-----------------------------------------------------------

With my apologies. It is difficult for me to write German, but please do so yourself. I can read it.

Ähnliche Themen
12 Antworten
am 26. November 2004 um 13:41

Hello.

Your car is brand new. The 7l/100 kms don't indicate its "real" fuel consumption.

My car also took 8,5 litres per 100 kms back when it was new. But time after time the consumption got lower and lower. Now my Mondeo (total 26000km) takes between 6,7 and 7,9 l/100kms.

So you don't have to worry ;)

How is your "first" impression of the car , regarding power and comfort ?

WeKoe

Themenstarteram 26. November 2004 um 14:09

Thanks for the fast reply. (I just like to check whether the cars performance is in line with the manufacturer's official specifications...)

Regarding your question: this car is just fantastic !

So far, I have had VW Golf, V40 td, V40 2.0t, V70 TDi, VW Passat TDi 130, BMW 320d... Before buying this Mondeo, I also had test drives with V70, Audi A6, Vectra, Laguna, Saab 9-5, Toyota Avensis and Passat...

I wanted a car which offers driving pleasure, comfort and space as I do about 40000 kms/year and I have a family with 2 kids.

This Mondeo is perfectly matching my needs. It is at least as much fun to drive as any of these other cars ! It sticks to the road perfectly (comparable to the 320d), the engine has plenty of power as of 1500 rpm, it is very silent inside (except when going over 3000 rpm - with this engine, I don't see the need for that), it has all the comfort which most people are looking for (I only added sunroof-ESP-park assistance), and it offers more space than the V70...

A V70 with similar equipment and only 130hp would have costed at least €8000 more. Even a similar Toyota which is smaller and has only 118 hp, or an almost basic version of the BMW 318d, was more expensive...

This is my first Ford, but I also don't think it will be the last. It combines the possitve things of my different previous cars all in one car now.

am 26. November 2004 um 14:38

Zitat:

Regarding your question: this car is just fantastic !

I agree. The Mondeo is a very fine car. Power, comfort, reliability, nice design : it's got all.

I find it very interesting that you tested so many cars before buying the Mondeo. That really proves that Ford tops all the the other car manufacturers regarding the overall quality.

Zitat:

I just like to check whether the cars performance is in line with the manufacturer's official specifications...)

In my experience the specifications given by Ford are matching my real consumption. But the driving-style should not be too sporty ;)

My 2.0 TDCI has a lot of power indeed, but your 2.2 TDCi must be a real "muscle-car" ;)

WeKoe

I have only the older 2.0 TDDi Engine, but is also very strong. All over consume shown by the Board Computer is actually 6.8 Litres. I calculate the consume by myself and the result was only 5,5 Litres/100 Km...thats great :-)

Total Kilometres: 115.600

Have a lot of fun with your Diesel-Rocket ;)

greetz

am 27. November 2004 um 10:27

I'm curious if and when Ford is going to implant the 2.7l Diesel Engine from the Jaguar X-Type into the Ford Mondeo. That would be amazing ;)

WeKoe

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von WeKoe

I'm curious if and when Ford is going to implant the 2.7l Diesel Engine from the Jaguar X-Type into the Ford Mondeo. That would be amazing ;)

WeKoe

If this happen, there is only one thing to say...."Yeah baby yeaaaahhhhhhhhhhh" :D

am 27. November 2004 um 13:12

the 2.7 d engine is just determined for the s-type.

The x-type has only the 2.0 d engine, maximum.

Themenstarteram 29. November 2004 um 22:30

Just looking at the figures available at the Jaguar site, the top performance of the Jag 2.7 diesel and the 2.2 do not seem to be so much different.

Jaguar must have tuned the engine in such a way it is focused more on comfort than on top performance.

I wonder what the engineers from Ford Köln who created the 2.2 TDCi, could do with this really big one... In any case, I think I will stick to the 2.2, thinking about the fuel consumption indicated for the Jag 2.7, and the taxes for this size of engine (in Belgium anyway).

Themenstarteram 14. April 2005 um 23:21

Wekoe, just wanted to confirm what you said before :

So far, evolution of consumption was as follows :

0-5000 km: 7.3 l on average

5-10000 km: 6.7 l

10-15000 km: 6.2 l !!!

(with an average driving style, mix of 50% highway-50% small roads and city.)

As I use cruise control a lot on the highways, this brings fuel consumption really down. (Most of the highways I use have speed limits of 120/130 anyway - unlike Germany I regret...)

Result is that I can now do about 850 km with one tank fill, and take off and fly past some cars from time to time...

I really did not expect this originally. Previous cars always had an average consumtion of 0.5 to 1.5 l more than the manufacturer specifications.

MfG,

Paul

am 15. April 2005 um 9:49

Hello Paul.

6.2 l ??? That's really amazing for the heavy Mondeo.

What about oil consumption ? For the first 10000 km my Mondeo took 0.7 l oil. After that : 0.0 :)

And your Topspeed ? Has it increased over the last 15000 kilometers ?

WeKoe

Themenstarteram 15. April 2005 um 11:15

Hi Wekoe,

Topspeed has gone up gradually.

A few weeks ago, it reached 215 according to GPS (+/-225 tacho).:)

So far, I did not have to add oil. Originally, the oil was at the maximum level. When using the dipstick distance between min and max as measurement, now it still is 1/4 above the minimum level.

One question I have relating to oil :

Is is useful to have it changed more often than what is included in the normal service guidelines ?

Thanks.

Paul

am 15. April 2005 um 12:00

Zitat:

Is is useful to have it changed more often than what is included in the normal service guidelines ?

Hm, i have my oil and oilfilter changed according to the Ford service guidelines (every 20000 km).

I think that in some cases it may be useful to change it more often : for example if you drive >50000 km per year or if the car has to do a lot of short trips.

WeKoe

Deine Antwort