4. BMW
  5. 3er
  6. E46
  7. 318i Bj.02 N42, Error Codes (OBD2) p0011 and p0341

318i Bj.02 N42, Error Codes (OBD2) p0011 and p0341

BMW 3er E46
Themenstarteram 8. Mai 2015 um 8:39

o!

I hope you don't mind if I write in English, because I'm from Sweden and not so god in german.

You can answer in german if you prefer that, because I can read it.

I have a BMW 318 E46 -02, motor N42. The swedish vehicle inspection has not approved my car because of following error codes:

P0011 Camshaft Position (A) - Timing Over-Advanced or System Performance (Bank 1)

P0341 Camshaft Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance (Bank 1)

With my own BMW scanner 1.3.6 following error codes occur:

DME 2731 Inlet camshaft control

DME 2781 Camshaft sensor, intake

I have done following:

• Exchanged the cam chain tensioner to the newer design

• Swapped the two vanos solenoids with each other

• Swapped the two camshaft sensors with each other

• Cleaned the contacts of the senors and solenoids

The error codes (2731 and 2781) remain unchanged after these actions. I think the error codes should have changed to bank 2 if there is a problem with a solenoid or a camshaft sensor. If I erase the codes they comes back immediately as soon as I start the motor.

The motor runs well and the emission control made by the car inspection was ok.

Do you have any ideas what it can be?

Ähnliche Themen
20 Antworten
am 8. Mai 2015 um 11:56

it seems that your chain jumped over one or more teethes, which changes injection timing, forcing the errors you get.

could become an expensive act, sorry dude

Hello, faith the the error either by the chain tensioner, there is an improved version or are caused by the crank shaft sensor. Swap the sensors but only with original BMW sensors also cam shaft sensors only original take. Otherwise strikes me just check the timing. A lot. Good luck

Themenstarteram 11. Mai 2015 um 7:40

Zitat:

@e4646 schrieb am 8. Mai 2015 um 13:56:52 Uhr:

it seems that your chain jumped over one or more teethes, which changes injection timing, forcing the errors you get.

could become an expensive act, sorry dude

Thanks for the answer.

Yes, that should probably explaine the fault codes.

But shouldn't I then notice anything in the engines behavior?

The engine works perfectly.

Is it possible to diagnos a "jumped over" chain with a diagnos tool like Impa or DIS?

Themenstarteram 11. Mai 2015 um 10:00

Zitat:

@GerdZ65 schrieb am 8. Mai 2015 um 14:39:45 Uhr:

Hello, faith the the error either by the chain tensioner, there is an improved version or are caused by the crank shaft sensor. Swap the sensors but only with original BMW sensors also cam shaft sensors only original take. Otherwise strikes me just check the timing. A lot. Good luck

Thanks for the answer.

I have already replaced the chain tensioner to the new improved one.

About 3 years ago I replaced the crankshaft sensor because I have som problem with that the engingine could suddenly stop. This problem disappeared when I changed the sensor. The intersting thing is that I already then had the fault codes 2731 and 2781 together with some other codes. The other codes disappeared when I changed the sensor but 2731 and 2781 remained. The sensor I used was not an original BMW sensor.

Could the aftermarket crankshaft sensor be the problem? It was a lot of work to change it, because you have to remove the inlet and some other stuff to reach it.

Is it possible to diagnos a crankshaft sensor problem or a timing problem with a diagnos tool like Inpa and DIS?

I know no software testing timing. Whether it a jump the chain has given. To the check the timing must be staked the crankshaft, as well as the camshafts are locked. These need special Tool.Das is no easy work if you are not a professional.I know no software testing timing. Whether it a jump the chain has given. To the check the timing must be staked the crankshaft, as well as the camshafts are locked. These need special Tool.Das is no easy work if you are not a professional.

Yes the crankshaft sensor to change is a lot of work, I have behind me. The sensors be always original, many cost slightly more but had problems with replicas.

In your place I would the Valvetronik BMW new learning on the engine. If the problem persists, it might be wear the camshaft... There are probably even a control unit for the Valvetronik, could be also due to. If a sensor is faulty then I believe that the cam shaft sensor is inlet.

Themenstarteram 12. Mai 2015 um 5:44

I have some new information.

If I rev up the engine to 3000 rpm in the start of engine and keep it above 1000 rpm before I shut down, there is no fault codes coming up.

If I rev up the Engine to 3000 rpm in the start of engine and then let it idle the normal 700 rpm, the faul codes is back again.

It looks like the fault codes appears when the engine is idling.

It also looks like the two fault codes (2731 and 2831) goes together.

Gives this information you any new ideas?

Exchange the camshaft times sensor inlet and outlet. with each other, to exclude the inlet sensor. If the inlet sensor would be damaged should the error then outlet occur. Your error message remains still so, be can't just Valvetronic engine itself.

Themenstarteram 12. Mai 2015 um 13:46

Zitat:

@GerdZ65 schrieb am 12. Mai 2015 um 12:11:54 Uhr:

Exchange the camshaft times sensor inlet and outlet. with each other, to exclude the inlet sensor. If the inlet sensor would be damaged should the error then outlet occur. Your error message remains still so, be can't just Valvetronic engine itself.

Thanks for the answer.

But if you read my first post you can see that I have already tried this.

I also exchanged the solenoids with each other.

But the fault codes remain unchanged.

But I don't understund why the fault codes not appear if I rev up the motor to 3000 rpm in the start.

Hi, yes ok not it can be thus with the sensors. Possibilities might still run in the eccentric shaft, there is even a cam shaft sensor engine checked the function of the VVT and target values (position of the shaft). Indirectly, also the sensor differential pressure delivers data to the control unit of the VVT sits above the intake tract. I don't know sorry more now...

am 18. Mai 2015 um 10:16

----

am 18. Mai 2015 um 10:23

seems to me still like your chain might jumped over. timing check has to be done in a garage.

but to go on:

-delete errors

1. disconnect the differentialpressure sensor (up on the intake manifold)

if not working then reconnect and

-delete errors

2. deactivate VVT by disconnecting the VVT sensor which is placed 5cm above the oil fill in opening. will bring additional failure codes and your car will be lazy but if the other failures stay away we are one step further.

Themenstarteram 19. Mai 2015 um 5:45

Zitat:

@e4646 schrieb am 18. Mai 2015 um 12:23:03 Uhr:

seems to me still like your chain might jumped over. timing check has to be done in a garage.

but to go on:

-delete errors

1. disconnect the differentialpressure sensor (up on the intake manifold)

if not working then reconnect and

-delete errors

2. deactivate VVT by disconnecting the VVT sensor which is placed 5cm above the oil fill in opening. will bring additional failure codes and your car will be lazy but if the other failures stay away we are one step further.

I deleted the errors and disconnected the differentialpressure sensor.

The error codes are still there plus one more fault code.

I tried to to disconnect also the VVT sensor but it seems to be stucked. I don't know how much force I dare to put on it. I do not want to destroy the contact.

I think I will bring the car to a garage.

Deine Antwort