4. Audi
  5. A6
  6. A6 C8/4K
  7. C8 RS6, new owner frustration!

C8 RS6, new owner frustration!

Audi RS6 C8/4K
Themenstarteram 28. Juni 2024 um 13:35

Hello All,

Last week I collected a brand new C8 RS6 Performance Carbon Vorsprung, I have two issues / questions ;

1) I have the dreaded "e-call function not available, contact workshop" error message. When I collected the car it was not there and my Audi App was working OK. My car was immediately detailed so would have been in a building for over a week, when I collect, the error message comes up - Maybe the car was in a dead spot and the vehicle lost connection? Is there a self fix for this? I do not want my brand new car going to the workshop after only 200 miles!

2) How can I tell if my car has keyless entry? The front and rear handles have the indent on the front but I have to use the buttons on the key to open and close the car ; Surely a car this expensive and in Carbon Vorsprung specification has keyless entry?!

Can anyone help?

Ähnliche Themen
5 Antworten

Hi,

Regarding the first point, best go to the dealership or the garage you got the car from and read the error log! Could be anything as simple as just removing the fault code to failing antenna wiring.

The second point can be identified on the sticker in your service booklet (or sticker in the booth). This sticker has the VIN and several codes and in your case there should be a code (4F2/4F6/4I2..4I8/4K5..4K7) there for keyless entry, you can't see it from the outside and you never know what the first owner has done! Keyless entry also makes a car easier to steal!! The dealer can also make a print out of your car to see all options.

Er sagte doch, er hat einen Brandneuen RS6 gekauft. Da wird es wohl keinen Vorbesitzer geben.

@8YR_B

What means Carbon Vorsprung?

Themenstarteram 1. Juli 2024 um 19:17

Yes, it is brand new, no previous owner..

Thank you @Corner stream, I will check the PR codes on the sticker. It is just odd as my 8Y RS3 had keyless, and a car like this which is on another level may not!?

@RudiS - Carbon Vorsprung is the model iteration here in the UK, it is top package.

ah ok, that was new to me

Really strange that name. :D

When it's brand new, don't mess with it .. straight to the dealership and they will tell you what's wrong and if it has Keyless entry or not. In Holland keyless entry is a no-go when it comes to theft awareness! Specially because insurance companies charge loads of money for the RS6.

Deine Antwort