3. Auto
  4. Citroën
  5. PSA Hochdachkombis
  6. Combo E Connected Apps and MyOpel

Combo E Connected Apps and MyOpel

Opel Combo E
Themenstarteram 27. Februar 2022 um 13:44

Hi,

I hope it's not a problem if I post in English. I haven't been able to find any active Opel communities who could help with my questions.

I've received my brand new Opel Combo E 2 weeks ago and I have a few questions relating to the infotainment system.

1. Connected Apps.

In the menu besides CarPlay/Android Auto there's and option for Connected Apps. There are 2 apps which show up Navigation Status (in English) and Instellingen (Dutch for Settings). Under settings I can set the country and erase all settings, nothing more. When I tap on Navigation Status I get a screen which says I need to download the MyVauxhall app (even though I have an Opel). Ofcourse I can't download that app because it's UK only. I've been able to download it through a workaround but even if I have the MyVauxhall app the same screen still shows up.

What is this Navigation Status and what can I do with it? What is Connected Apps and how do I use it? How can I install more apps on the Connected Apps screen?

Strangely there isn't much information on the whole connected apps thing either on internet or in the manual.

2. MyOpel app.

The MyOpel app doesn't work like expected. The position of the vehicle doesn't update and the KM stand doesn't update. The app said there were updates for my system and I installed those. Now the app and Opel Update say I'm up to date so there is communication between my vehicle and Opel. It's just the app that doesn't work. Is this a known issue and how do I fix it? I have an Iphone 11.

The app says there is no known position of my vehicle and I need to get into the vehicle to see the position and other options. Even if I'm in the vehicle and the phone is connected.

3. Bluetooth

Everytime I get into the vehicle I get a message on my phone which says BT_OPEL wants to open MyOpel. I have to manually accept and open the app. Can I permanently allow this? It's really annoying to have to open my phone and accept every time I tart the car.