3. Auto
  4. BMW
  5. 3er
  6. E46
  7. Do I need to do a service for my old 316i? Thank you

Do I need to do a service for my old 316i? Thank you

BMW 3er E46
Themenstarteram 2. November 2019 um 14:44

Hello, I bought a bmw e46 316i this year on July. And it is built in 2002 and the mileage is 110000km when I buy it. The car was serviced in BMW workshop every 20000 km. And last service is at about 101000km. The problem is that the last service is done on 20.09.2019. And the previous owner spent about 550 euro for the inspection 2. The board computer on my e46 showed that I need to do inspection after about 18600km. Do I need to do the service now? Because the last service is 3 years ago. Or I can trust my board computer. The engine, brake are all in good condition. Moreover, doing a service in BMW workshop is really expensive. Do I have to go there for an inspection? Thank you. The pictures are the invoice of last service.

2a308d55-0b61-410f-b255-86aaea45de3d
72613d38-7d1a-4080-8943-f0031eab7fd5
Ähnliche Themen
31 Antworten

Please make a Service, it must not be done by BMW. You can put the Car to any Service Workshop you want and trust (if you could do it not by yourself).

Remember...older cars need a oil sercice earlier than 20.000km.

Kidding comparing: Question: Well i am forty years old....is it good to wash myself everyday (cause skin is much thinner than 20 years before) :-)

Oilservice is enough.

Longlifeservice ist only for cars with more than about 10.000 km per year.

Is the bill from a BMW-Dealer? Some prices are quite low.

Themenstarteram 2. November 2019 um 21:00

Zitat:

@Oetteken schrieb am 2. November 2019 um 21:10:23 Uhr:

Oilservice is enough.

It’s not from a BMW dealer. It’s from a cooperation workshop and register on the service book of my car. All the price in the table don’t include the tax in my opinion. And what does longlife service mean?

Themenstarteram 2. November 2019 um 21:00

Zitat:

@Wildhase86 schrieb am 2. November 2019 um 15:59:14 Uhr:

Please make a Service, it must not be done by BMW. You can put the Car to any Service Workshop you want and trust (if you could do it not by yourself).

Remember...older cars need a oil sercice earlier than 20.000km.

Kidding comparing: Question: Well i am forty years old....is it good to wash myself everyday (cause skin is much thinner than 20 years before) :-)

Ok. Thanks. I can understand this.

It does not matter where you get the service done, but the bare minimum is the oil change and brake fluid! The lifetime of spark plugs, air filter and brake pads are measured by their operational hours. You can talk to the technician to check the state of the brake discs and pads, but they should still be good as new. Buy the engine oil and filter beforehand, if you want to reduce the service costs.

Another thing to get it checked by N42 engine, whether the new version of the chain tensioner has already been installed or not. If the engine still has the old version from the factory, get it changed immediately!

Zitat:

@yitian36 schrieb am 2. November 2019 um 22:00:16 Uhr:

Zitat:

@Oetteken schrieb am 2. November 2019 um 21:10:23 Uhr:

Oilservice is enough.

It’s not from a BMW dealer. It’s from a cooperation workshop and register on the service book of my car. All the price in the table don’t include the tax in my opinion. And what does longlife service mean?

You wrote:

„ The board computer on my e46 showed that I need to do inspection after about 18600km.“

That is the distance only for Longlifeservice.

Themenstarteram 2. November 2019 um 22:01

Zitat:

@Oz_84 schrieb am 2. November 2019 um 22:27:17 Uhr:

It does not matter where you get the service done, but the bare minimum is the oil change and brake fluid! The lifetime of spark plugs, air filter and brake pads are measured by their operational hours. You can talk to the technician to check the state of the brake discs and pads, but they should still be good as new. Buy the engine oil and filter beforehand, if you want to reduce the service costs.

Another thing to get it checked by N42 engine, whether the new version of the chain tensioner has already been installed or not. If the engine still has the old version from the factory, get it changed immediately!

Ok. Thank you. For the engine oil, there is long life 01 and 04 5w30, which should I choose? And the brake fluid is DOT4. I also need to buy engine oil filter, air filter. Am I right? And my brake were checked and rear brake pads are replaced.

You can check the brake fluid with this: Maybe there's no need to change.

https://www.ebay.de/sch/i.html?...

hello,

the attached invoice is indicating a VAT(ValueAddTax) of "only" 15% (from 2016)

the countries i found via i-net with that specific tax are New Zeeland and Sri Lanka

but the invoice is in german (language) ?

good lack

am 3. November 2019 um 7:48

Don't mind buying brake fluid. A typical workshop has all specifications of brake fluid in stock and they usually know which one to use.

For engine oil, it doesn't matter, whether longlife 01 or longlife 04. The Longlife 04 is the newer oil specification, which is backward compatible according to the BMW documentation. 5w30 is the recomended viscosty for the engine of your car, but there are enough people here, including myself, who run their cars with 0w30 or 0w40. A name brand oil with the correct spec or the oils from the manufacturers like Adinol or Ravenol will do the job. You will need a 5L of it (the engine needs 4.25L)

Zitat:

@cabriofreek schrieb am 3. November 2019 um 08:36:06 Uhr:

hello,

the countries i found via i-net with that specific tax are New Zeeland and Sri Lanka

good lack

See last page - 19 % Umsatzsteuer

Zitat:

@resusid schrieb am 3. November 2019 um 09:12:30 Uhr:

Zitat:

hello,

good lack

See last page - 19 % Umsatzsteuer

:confused:

Themenstarteram 3. November 2019 um 9:53

Zitat:

hello,

good lack

The vat is 19%. It’s shown in the last page and the invoice is in German.

Themenstarteram 3. November 2019 um 9:55

Zitat:

@Oz_84 schrieb am 3. November 2019 um 08:48:29 Uhr:

Don't mind buying brake fluid. A typical workshop has all specifications of brake fluid in stock and they usually know which one to use.

For engine oil, it doesn't matter, whether longlife 01 or longlife 04. The Longlife 04 is the newer oil specification, which is backward compatible according to the BMW documentation. 5w30 is the recomended viscosty for the engine of your car, but there are enough people here, including myself, who run their cars with 0w30 or 0w40. A name brand oil with the correct spec or the oils from the manufacturers like Adinol or Ravenol will do the job. You will need a 5L of it (the engine needs 4.25L)

Ok. And I checked the internet. There are two different Luftfilter for e46. Which one should I buy? I will upload two pictures. Even in YouTube, there are two tutorials to replace two different Luftfilter for e46. This is strange.

1st filter.jpg
2nd filter.jpg
Deine Antwort