ForumScirocco 3
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Scirocco & Corrado
  6. Scirocco 3
  7. Erfahrungen Forge Motorsport Wastgate 1.4 TSI?

Erfahrungen Forge Motorsport Wastgate 1.4 TSI?

VW Scirocco 3 (13)
Themenstarteram 3. März 2015 um 23:39

Hey Leute!

Bei meinem 122PS 1.4 TSI macht das Wastegate massive Probleme. Der Turbo wurde wegen diesem Problem bereits einmal getauscht. Aus der Garantie ist der Wagen, sowie auch der "neue" Turbo schon längst heraußen. Deshalb würde mich interessieren, ob schon jemand Erfahrungen mit dem Wastegate von Forge Motorsport gesammelt hat?

Mit einem Preis von 172€ und der Möglichkeit dies bei einer freien Werkstatt einbauen zu lassen, wäre dies eventuell eine günstige Alternative. Die Frage ist nur, ob dieses Teil auch wirklich das Problem löst. Bis auf ein paar Hinweise, dass dieses Teil angeblich die bekannten Probleme löst, habe ich nur einen einzigen Beitrag von jemanden gefunden, der dieses Wastegate tatsächlich verbaut hatte - und dort hatte es leider gar nichts geholfen.

Ähnliche Themen
9 Antworten
Themenstarteram 4. März 2015 um 8:56

Zitat:

@fixpixu schrieb am 4. März 2015 um 09:42:37 Uhr:

http://www.golfv.de/p2110996-beschleunigung-1-4-tsi-90-kw.html?...

Genau diesen Fall meinte ich, wo das Forge Wastegate leider nichts gebracht hat. Vielleicht findet sich ja jemand der damit Erfolg hatte.

Ein kurzer Blick in den Beitrag zeigt mir aber das dieser User ganz andere Probleme mit seinem Golf V hat und ja von dem Forge Wastegate schreibt das er unter 2000 U/min besser anspricht. Das wäre ja genau der Vorteil der Forge Druckdose. Das Wastegate schliesst schneller beim plötzlichen Gas geben und der Ladedruck baut sich schneller auf als beim Serienteil. Es öffnet dann gleichmäßiger ohne das Gestänge ruckartig zu bewegen und im Gegensatz zu dem Serienteil soll Korrosion des Gestänges kein Problem mehr sein ...

Gibt wohl kaum Leute die das Teil umbauen, kann man ja durchaus auch selber machen. Geliebäugelt habe ich damit auch schon, aber erst wenn ich aus der Garantie raus bin ...

I have replaced the actuator (druckdose) with a stock one at a turbocharger service. The difference is huge. The car runs great, it pulls from low rpm very good and even, without hezitation.

I have also analysed the old actuator and found out that there was a position where the rod was stuck and did not move freely.

The whole operation (part + work done) has cost me approx 135 eur.

Turbocharger is made by MHI (mitsubishi heavy industries) OEM part number: 49373-01005, commercial name TD025M-07T2-2.3

Actuator part number: 49373-18020

I hope that this helps.

Themenstarteram 10. März 2015 um 21:26

Danke für deine Antwort Ringfuchs! Das bessere Ansprechverhalten wäre natürlich ein netter Nebeneffekt. Zufrieden wäre ich ja schon, wenn ich einfach auf's Gas steigen könnte ohne Angst haben zu müssen, dass jeden Moment in den Notlauf geschaltet wird. Da komm' ich mittlerweile leider regelmäßig rein...

fixpixu this are great news! I am very pleased to hear that your car runs great now! But how did you get it done with 135€? My local VW dealer in Austria wants me to pay 680€ just for the working hours + the extra costs of the repair kit. Was this a gesture of goodwill from your dealer or was it made a specialized turbocharger car repair shop (what i think that you meant)?

So, there is a known issue with the turbocharger for CAXA, namely the wastegate flap is getting stuck. Therefore, VAG has issued some TPIs, and the latest TPI specify that if the acceleration is wavelike, the exhaust manifold (the one that contains the wastegate) is replaced with a new revision. And the repair kit for that is 03C198722. This directive is since 2014 (I can't remember exactly from what date).

I had this replaced at the dealer free of charge (kulanz).

But I was still not satisfied with the engine dynamics, so I've gone further.

I've asked at the dealer about the costs of replacing the actuator, and their price was around 250-300 eur.

Therefore I've looked for a specialized turbocharger repair center, and I've replaced the actuator there.

Themenstarteram 11. März 2015 um 19:50

Thank you so much for your accurate information fixpixu!

Please allow me three more questions.

1) Am I correct in assuming that your turbocharger repair center was able to replace the actuator without removing and reinstalling the whole turbocharger? My VW dealer tries to tell me that this is impossible, but I believe he tries to force me into the much more expensive repair.

2) How much working hours did it take the turbocharger repair center to replace your actuator?

3) The thing I don't understand, why did you replace the actuator separately when you already had the repair kit 03C198722 installed? Doesn't it contain already a new actuator? Or did you run into the wavelike acceleration after a while when the repair kit was already installed?

I will try to find a turbocharger repair center in Austria and hope that they can fix it as good as yours did! Thanks a lot for your great help!

1) The repair at the turbocharger service center was done WITHOUT removing the turbocharger.

Indeed, first I've asked at the dealer about this operation, and they've replied that the repair could be done ONLY by removing the turbocharger, although the service manual sais that that is not necessary - please see this link: http://workshop-manuals.com/.../

2) The whole operation took no more than 2 hours since the moment I've left the car at the service, 1 hour being needed for the engine to cool down, so the actual work on the car was no more than 1 hour.

3) The actuator was not replaced that time. Only the exhaust manifold that contains the wastegate flap. This was getting stuck and gave the wavelike feeling when accelerating. The wastegate is controlled by the actuator (druckdose). After the replacement of the exhaust manifold I did not have wavelike acceleration anymore, but the car dinamics were bad (they were bad for a year now - but I did not know what was causing it).

To sum up:

approx 20000 km and 2 years: bad engine dynamics on acceleration

approx 29000 km and approx 3 years: wavelike acceleration

32500 km: replace exhaust manifold on goodwill (kulanz) - no more wavelike acceleration but still bad dynamics

39100 km and a bit more than 4 years (1 week ago): replace the actuator - very good dynamics on acceleration

And on top of that: replaced just yesterday the getriebelager 1K0199555L (I reccomend Lemforder - this is the OEM provider and I've installed it or CORTECO) and I want to say that it feels like a different car, very solid, improved even more the car dynamics

Themenstarteram 13. März 2015 um 20:00

Thanks man! This really helps a lot!!

I owe you a beer next time you come to Austria ;)

Deine Antwort