ForumGolf 1, 2
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Golf
  6. Golf 1, 2
  7. Idle Stuttering.. golf II 1.8 monojet (english)

Idle Stuttering.. golf II 1.8 monojet (english)

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2006 um 15:08

hey guys.. sorry for intruding your forum!. please answer in english as i don't know a single german word :)

anyways.. i got some problems with my golf.. the idle is stuttering like mad.. the only thing i could think of is the lambda probe.. but that was changed 3 months ago :(

anyways.. i got some vids for you to see/and hear how she runs on idle

vid 1

vid 2

in addition to having the lambda probe changed, i've changed the following bits

blue/red/black temp sensor

distributorcap and rotor,

all spark cables

coil

sparkplugs

lambda probe

and its still stuttering and causing problems to me.. the car shakes like crazy!

and i've head that its possible to read out failcodes from the car. where is that done, and how, and what are the codes (where can i find them)

The car in question is a:

VW golf 1991 1.8GL (RP - monojet)

Regards from your pals in the north (norway)

Housey

Ähnliche Themen
73 Antworten

RP Problems

Hi Housey!

I know how difficult is for you to find the answers you need without knowing any german.

So now i try to help you. Lets see how far my english takes us....

Your problem sounds like your idle stabilizer is broken,

or your Throttle potentiometer gives wrong values...

Even your control unit may be faulty...

Both parts can be changed on the Monojetronic, but these parts are expensive and you can not be sure which one it is.

The best way to find out what is is to find somebody who has the same engine and to change parts for testing till you fin the mistake.

If you need more help, eeven for translation, don`t hesitate to ask me!

Greetings, Frank

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2006 um 15:33

thats what i thought.. the problems lies more deeply in the system then just a few easy to spot/cheap to buy sensors..

and my biggest problem is that i don't know anyone with the same engine as i.. unfortunatly..

the only bright point is that i'm transplanting a 16v in the spring :)

but i want it to work now, in the winter.

you say that the parts involved are expensive.. well, you shouldnt say...

take your prices at your local dealer.. add 36%, and then you get what our local dealers take.. then add another 25% ontop of that in tax to the gouvernment..

but the failcodes.. i've been told that they can be read out, and there are 2 plugs underneath my shifterboot,

what do i connect there? and where can i find the codes? of anyone got them?

Regards

Housey

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Housey

what do i connect there? and where can i find the codes? of anyone got them?

You need only a resistor and a LED to read out the failcodes.

http://www.wolfsburg-edition.info/tips/fehler/fehler.pdf

Hey there and greetings to Norway.

I am not an expert in things concerning the monojetronic. But have you cleared the memory of its, argh, the heck, don't remember what "Steuergerät is in english :D

I am trying to talk the controlling electronic device of the monojet. Pull its connector and wait at least 30 seconds, then reconnect it. If you do not trust your probe, disconnect it before pulling the plug and leave it disconnectet.

The monojet is adapting to your engine and therefore it remembers the values delivered by the lambda probe. If the probe is geeting malfunctional, it delivers bad values, the motor may now still remember and see as correct.

So, pull the plug and ait. This could help ;)

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von EvilJogga

don't remember what "Steuergerät is in english :D

control unit

Maybe? ;) :D

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2006 um 19:43

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Gen.Golf.II

You need only a resistor and a LED to read out the failcodes.

http://www.wolfsburg-edition.info/tips/fehler/fehler.pdf

thanks m8!...

i got a 12v led layong around.. could i use this?

oh, and could someone please be so kind to translate the fault errors for me? i don't understand any of them :(

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von wuddeline

control unit

Maybe? ;) :D

Ah, danke Maus!

Was würde ich ohne meine Lektorin machen ;) :D

Deine Signatur erinnert mich btw ein bisschen an Darwin und den Sozialdarwinismus :D

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2006 um 20:34

i was just out to test a few tips..

tried my 12v led.. the led was constant light.. (?)

also tried to pull the plug to the ecu and then reconnect it about a few minutes later.. nothing changed i'm afraid :(

Regards,

Housey

(please speak english in this topic, as i don't speak german :))

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von Housey

i was just out to test a few tips..

tried my 12v led.. the led was constant light.. (?)

also tried to pull the plug to the ecu and then reconnect it about a few minutes later.. nothing changed i'm afraid :(

Regards,

Housey

(please speak english in this topic, as i don't speak german :))

When the led was constant light there is a failcode in the memory.

You have to connect the yellow cable to battery - for 5 seconds.

After that the LED start blinking.

Then we translate the code you need.

Have you checked the tube from the engine to the braking power amplifier (wenn das jetzt stimmt :D)?

The elastic part of this tube breaks often on the underside.

@ Housey

Try to contact the user named "norder". He is the local expert and they're existing rumors, that he dumped his girlfriend after she got mad on him for kissing his monojet instead of her :D:D:D

And calm down :)

You didn't miss anything about your problem. Just a bit off topic chat.

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2006 um 21:20

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von HeikoVAG

When the led was constant light there is a failcode in the memory.

You have to connect the yellow cable to battery - for 5 seconds.

After that the LED start blinking.

Then we translate the code you need.

Have you checked the tube from the engine to the braking power amplifier (wenn das jetzt stimmt :D)?

The elastic part of this tube breaks often on the underside.

please translate now :) and then i have something to read out when i'm in my car to test this...

anyhow.. if the vakuumline to the brakeservo is rupured, wouldn't i loose the brake feel of my car?

edit:

about the failcode reading.. shall the car be on. or off? should the ignition be on?

Zitat:

@ Housey

Try to contact the user named "norder". He is the local expert and they're existing rumors, that he dumped his girlfriend after she got mad on him for kissing his monojet instead of her :D:D:D

And calm down :)

You didn't miss anything about your problem. Just a bit off topic chat.

Harr harr :D

@ Housey

First I would check the positioning of your camshaft.

@ Housey

No, brake feeling is not neccesarily influenced. The hose is quite big in diameter and even small amounts of air can cause the engine to stutter.

You should also replace all vaccum hoses on the monojet. Testing is inefficient, because they're cheap. Also, they get widened at their ends and harden during some years. Then air is slipping in a the connection points.

Also check the "Flansch" of your monojet. That's the thing between the monpjet itself and the metal air intake mounted on the cylnider head. This thing also can also cause air slipping uncontrolled into the engine.

Themenstarteram 8. Januar 2006 um 21:37

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von norder

Harr harr :D

@ Housey

First I would check the positioning of your camshaft.

well, the car is only stuttering at idle, it works fine when i'm driving it.. no problems there, just the idle and the extreme fuel use..

1.2L pr 10km ...

Zitat:

@ Housey

No, brake feeling is not neccesarily influenced. The hose is quite big in diameter and even small amounts of air can cause the engine to stutter.

You should also replace all vaccum hoses on the monojet. Testing is inefficient, because they're cheap. Also, they get widened at their ends and harden during some years. Then air is slipping in a the connection points.

Also check the "Flansch" of your monojet. That's the thing between the monpjet itself and the metal air intake mounted on the cylnider head. This thing also can also cause air slipping uncontrolled into the engine.

well. its too dark to start looking for leaks in the vakuum system.. so i will do that tomorrow

the flange is brand new, forgot to mention it when i posted the first post

Deine Antwort