4. Mercedes
  5. E-Klasse
  6. W211
  7. Kaufberatung E 200K unter 100.000 km

Kaufberatung E 200K unter 100.000 km

Mercedes E-Klasse W211
Themenstarteram 5. März 2017 um 15:03

Hello all,

First, I would like to apologize, I do not know much German ( I am Romanian), so I will write this text in English and put also a Google Translate version in German.

I would like to purchase an W211 E200 Kompressor 2008 with under 100.000 km, Elegance, 5G automatic this month ( planning a trip to Germany in about 2 weeks)

From what I see on Mobile ( I am trying to look at German dealers, full service history) , I find now around 3 cars at 15.000 euro each. ( two at Mercedes dealer, 74500 km - black and 92100 km - silver - too much kms for the price I think , one at different dealer with 37700 km ). Is it too expensive?

I have looked for a while now, but all 2008 Elegance cars that are under 13-14000 euro either have high mileage, many previous owners ( 3 or above) or have accident damage so I thought I would pay more for a better car, but this is already starting to be W212 territory and I wouldn't like to pay for nothing.

I don't care that much about depretiation, I am planning to keep the car for a long time, but I would see a price of about 12-13000 more correct for the year, but I cannot find correct cars at this price. Is it just this period (february, march) that has a lower market? What would you advise me to do? Wait more? Or perhaps try to negotiate on these high priced cars?

-------------------------------------------------------------

German ( sort of):

Hallo,

Zuerst möchte ich mich entschuldigen, ich kenne nicht viel Deutsch (ich bin Rumänisch), also werde ich diesen Text in englischer Sprache schreiben und auch eine Google Translate Version ins Deutsche geben.

Ich möchte einen W211 E200 Kompressor 2008 mit unter 100.000 km, Elegance, 5G automatiksgetriebe in diesem Monat kaufen (eine Reise nach Deutschland in ca. 2 Wochen planen)

Von dem, was ich auf Mobile sehe (Deutsche Händler, Full Service History), finde ich jetzt rund 3 Autos bei 15.000 Euro. (Zwei bei Mercedes-Händler, 74500 km - schwarz und 92100 km - Silber - zu viel Kilometer für den Preis - denke ich - einer bei verschiedenen Händlern mit 37700 km). Ist es zu teuer ?

Ich habe schon eine Weile gesucht, aber alle 2008 Elegance Autos, die unter 13-14000 Euro sind, haben entweder eine hohe Laufleistung, viele Vorbesitzer (3 oder höher) oder Unfallschaden, so dass ich dachte, ich würde mehr für ein besseres Auto bezahlen, aber Das fängt schon an, W212 Territorium zu sein, und ich würde nicht gern für nichts bezahlen.

Es ist mir egal, dass viel über die Auslegung, ich plane das Auto für eine lange Zeit zu halten, aber ich würde einen Preis von etwa 12-13000 mehr richtig für das Jahr zu sehen, aber ich kann nicht finden, richtige Autos zu diesem Preis. Ist es gerade diese Periode (Februar, März), die einen niedrigeren Markt hat? Was würdest du mir raten? Warte mehr? Oder vielleicht versuchen, auf diese High-Cost-Autos zu verhandeln?

Beste Antwort im Thema
am 5. März 2017 um 15:34

My opinion:

A car from 2008 is already nine years old. The mileage is at this point not so important anymore. If it has 100.000 or 150.000 km, there is no big difference.

The history is much more important.

Also 100.000km is a physicological barrier in the head of people - also yours.

My adivce: buy a car with greater mileage and flawless history for less money.

Regards to Romania!

14 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
14 Antworten
am 5. März 2017 um 15:34

My opinion:

A car from 2008 is already nine years old. The mileage is at this point not so important anymore. If it has 100.000 or 150.000 km, there is no big difference.

The history is much more important.

Also 100.000km is a physicological barrier in the head of people - also yours.

My adivce: buy a car with greater mileage and flawless history for less money.

Regards to Romania!

This engine shows relativly frequently problems with the timing chain from 100.000 km upwards ... look better for another model.

Themenstarteram 6. März 2017 um 6:40

Vielen dank for your answers.

Yes, I know it won't make much difference between a car with 80-90t kms and 110-120 but between 60-70 and 150t kms there is quite a difference.

I will try to look at some with higher mileage as well.

I know about the steuerkette. I also know someone in Romania with c200k vormopf and original steuerkette at 320.000 kms ( oil change every 10.000 kms and rubber hoses under compressor changed preventively). Anyway, in Romania, service is cheap but tax is stupid. To change a steuerkette costs me less than tax for a year for an E280. Tax for E320 is over 1000 eur/ year. Tax for E200 is about 38 eur / year (engine capacity only).

And these will only grow. It's not worth it. And competition under 2.0 litres is not much better ( tsi and others)

am 6. März 2017 um 10:59

Dont get tricked by low milage cars. Often they are poorly maintained because they where sitting on dealers lot for years. I would rather buy a higher milage car that has been driven an well maintained in the last couple of years than a low milage car with 50K that has been sitting arround for 2 years.

And watch out for german used car dealers. A lot of them are very dishonest.

German dealers have to give lawful warranty at the first year for used cars. Therefor they often increase price by about 1.000, 2.000, 3.000 Euro.

Additionally ther is 19% sales tax for diference between dealers buying price and sale price.

In general the costs to be a dealer (with big property, and big shop/store) are high in Germany.

Buying privately seems to be more economcal.

(But this at least 8 year old model have less then 100.000 km very rarely. And in general mileage counter is manipulated [such as 350.000 to 150.000 or 180.000 to 65.000 -> sold and driven another 30.000 = 95.000].)

Good luck, Harry

1.000€ / year for an E320?

Wow

am 6. März 2017 um 19:53

Zitat:

@harryW211 schrieb am 6. März 2017 um 20:22:26 Uhr:

German dealers have to give lawful warranty at the first year for used cars. Therefor they often increase price by about 1.000, 2.000, 3.000 Euro.

Additionally ther is 19% sales tax for diference between dealers buying price and sale price.

In general the costs to be a dealer (with big property, and big shop/store) are high in Germany.

Buying privately seems to be more economcal.

(But this at least 8 year old model have less then 100.000 km very rarely. And in general mileage counter is manipulated [such as 350.000 to 150.000 or 180.000 to 65.000 -> sold and driven another 30.000 = 95.000].)

Good luck, Harry

well he's obviously living in romania so it's an export. Also no 19% tax and no warranty. You should consinder that when negotiating with dealers.

At German listings typically German 19% sales tax is included, because they are for German customers.

Themenstarteram 7. März 2017 um 8:33

It is export but for E.U. so I have to pay 19% vat at the dealer. Warranty of course is useless to me, but some dealers have refused to sell to me, as a private person for export without warranty, because they don't want to be held liable if something is wrong with the car (which of course I won't from Romania unless I break down 10kms away from the dealer's yard).

I guess if I don't find a private with a good condition W211 (who also might be reluctant to wait for me to come from Romania to see it) I might turn to a W204 and try to squeeze my pockets for one with junge sterne, at least that is valid in all Europe, though the m274 engine doesn't quite win my trust.. even less so than m271. Also the 7G gearbox..

am 7. März 2017 um 14:52

Zitat:

@dkmg33 schrieb am 7. März 2017 um 09:33:35 Uhr:

It is export but for E.U. so I have to pay 19% vat at the dealer. Warranty of course is useless to me, but some dealers have refused to sell to me, as a private person for export without warranty, because they don't want to be held liable if something is wrong with the car (which of course I won't from Romania unless I break down 10kms away from the dealer's yard).

I guess if I don't find a private with a good condition W211 (who also might be reluctant to wait for me to come from Romania to see it) I might turn to a W204 and try to squeeze my pockets for one with junge sterne, at least that is valid in all Europe, though the m274 engine doesn't quite win my trust.. even less so than m271. Also the 7G gearbox..

ever considered diesel?

I'm really not sure about the 19% VAT thing.

Normally used cars are with "Mehrwertsteuer nicht ausweisbar". This means there is not tax mentioned on the contract.

If the dealer buys the car from a private party - what would be mostly the case - there is not tax (which he would get back ("Vorsteuer"). The dealer has to pay taxes on the difference between incoming and outgoing prices - "Differenzbesteuerung".

In my opinion, you will get an Invoice that includes 19% tax, because you seem to be a private person. In my opinion that fact depends on the location where the car will be sold (Germany) an the dealer did not bought it from a non - private person, a company for example. But are you sure to buy a 200 Kompressor, only because of the taxes? I mean, this Engine seems to be a little too small for this big vehicle. It starts with the fuel consumption an maybe some other things like parts etc.! The tax - advantage will soon be consumpted by higher fuel consumption?! If it depends on the tax because of the engine size, maybe an E220 CDI ist one better choice for you?

I'm satisfied with my E200 Kompressor (163PS). Mostly short routes in the city - unfortunately about 12,7 l / 100km at the Display.

Reason for some of my perhaps early repairs can be milage counter manipulation, I don't know.

(Except crank shaft housing ventilation hoses / PCV valve, and oil in motor harness [because of leaking camshaft adjuster solenoids].)

Harry

Themenstarteram 8. März 2017 um 9:47

The ventilation hoses do crack and also the camshaft adjuster solenoid housings, but the parts are cheap.

Also, from what I've heard, differential oil should be changed at about 100 t km to avoid further issues.

Tax doesn't scare me for the 220 CDI (though it's about 7 times more than for the 180K ) , but I've had diesel before and I don't want to go through worrying about EGR, DPF regeneration, injector cleaning, incandescent coils, engine mounts, my wife not giving it enough RPMs in the long run, the car not warming up until I get to work, etc. just for fuel economy.

The engines are just too much of a hassle and I prefer the sound and feel of the gasoline. About power, we have no autobahn here ( not even some decent highways :rolleyes:), the car won't probably ever see above 150-160 km/h, so no issues there.

Don't want to start a debate though, it's just personal preference.

Deine Antwort