3. Auto
  4. Seat
  5. Tarraco
  6. MIB3 wireless Apple CarPlay?

MIB3 wireless Apple CarPlay?

Seat Tarraco KN
Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2021 um 8:18

Hi,

Can you please clarify whether MY21 Tarracos have built-in wireless Apple CarPlay or not? In the menu I find only wired CarPlay options (which is very buggy and freezes often, by the way).

Thanks,

Tamas

Ähnliche Themen
20 Antworten

My Tarraco FR from 11/2020 has MIB3 with built in WIRELESS Apple CarPlay.

As soon as I sit in the car, the connection is quickly established and music from the last use starts playing. Only one Carplay connection can be displayed, but switching between my wife's iPhone and mine is super fast. It's even possible for my wife to accept phone calls via Bluetooth and my iPhone is connected to Carplay. In rare cases the Carplay freezes, but a short restart of the MIB3 helps.

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2021 um 9:50

Nice :) Can you start CarPlay apps from your phone? I dont know whats wrong with my connection.

I need to ckeck this, but as far as I know it was possible to plan & start navigation on google maps on the iphone and the it was on the MIB screen. Same for Spotify. There you can chose different lists and skip songs also on your mobile

Hello,

when my iPhone is connected to Car Play and I am using the music streaming or music via Bluetooth I cannot make an incoming or outgoing call using the hands-free system. outgoing there is no dial tone and in case of an incoming call my call partner cannot hear me Bit can hear them very welk. do you know the problem or have a Solution for this?

Best regards Markus

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2021 um 20:20

Zitat:

@Markus61076 schrieb am 9. Februar 2021 um 21:15:46 Uhr:

Hello,

when my iPhone is connected to Car Play and I am using the music streaming or music via Bluetooth I cannot make an incoming or outgoing call using the hands-free system. outgoing there is no dial tone and in case of an incoming call my call partner cannot hear me Bit can hear them very welk. do you know the problem or have a Solution for this?

Best regards Markus

I have the same issue :( This MIB3 is rather buggy yet. And I still cannot connect wirelessly to CarPlay :(

I just came back from an ehybrid test drive. CarPlay worked wirelessly. You have to decide if you want to connect the phone via regular Bluetooth or via CarPlay. In the latter case calling works via the CarPlay phone app. I had no outgoing or incoming sound issues. I even had one MS Teams (using Teams App Internet 4g Audio) call and one WhatsApp call via the wireless CarPlay connection without any issues

Themenstarteram 11. Februar 2021 um 23:02

Zitat:

@knotti7 schrieb am 11. Februar 2021 um 10:55:11 Uhr:

I just came back from an ehybrid test drive. CarPlay worked wirelessly. You have to decide if you want to connect the phone via regular Bluetooth or via CarPlay. In the latter case calling works via the CarPlay phone app. I had no outgoing or incoming sound issues. I even had one MS Teams (using Teams App Internet 4g Audio) call and one WhatsApp call via the wireless CarPlay connection without any issues

Still not working for me :( Did you have to connect with cable for the first time?

Do you have to connect to the MIB3 infotainment's WIFI hotspot for Carplay? Or do you have to use you phone's WIFI for Carplay?

Can you please make a photo of the CarPlay screen in the car? There it says for me to connect to Carplay (and Android and Ful Link) via USB and nothing else.

Is there any specific setting in your iPhone that may affect this?

Sorry for the many questions but I really dont know why its not working.

I owe you a beer guys, if you are in Hungary :)

Zitat:

@tamasd schrieb am 12. Februar 2021 um 00:02:41 Uhr:

Don‘t worry, you are not alone. Same for me in my Seat Arona 2021.

Only one of my several efforts was successful, but I can‘t remember how. And in this case the sound of Apple Music, started in Carplay in Infotainment of the car, was streamed to my iphone and not to the Beats Soundsystem of the car! Strange.

It seems you have to connect to the „My Seat..“ WLAN of the car. I got a message „This WLAN is not connected to the internet. Connect anyway?“. In another thread it was mentioned to cancel this message and not to confirm. But it dit not work for me.

Other threads report that an update for infotainment is expected for spring to solve the bugs. But I do not have a confirmation from Seat. I will visit my Seat dealer next week and will come back in this thread afterwards.

Zitat:

Zitat:

@knotti7 schrieb am 11. Februar 2021 um 10:55:11 Uhr:

Still not working for me :( Did you have to connect with cable for the first time?

Do you have to connect to the MIB3 infotainment's WIFI hotspot for Carplay? Or do you have to use you phone's WIFI for Carplay?

Can you please make a photo of the CarPlay screen in the car? There it says for me to connect to Carplay (and Android and Ful Link) via USB and nothing else.

Is there any specific setting in your iPhone that may affect this?

I owe you a beer guys, if you are in Hungary :)

No cable was needed. I had BT already turned on my iPhone 7. Then I pushed the phone app in the MIB3. It immediately asked me if I want to couple my phone via regular BT connection or via CarPlay. I chose Carplay and had to enter the BT Passcode. Afterwards I could use the CarPlay functions. I tested Spotify, phone calls, MS Teams calls, WhatsApp calls and Google Maps. All worked well.

I cannot provide any screenshots since I do not have access to this car anymore (test drive).

I assume that the new ehybrid is already delivered with a newer version of MIB3. Unfortunately, I did not check the installed version/release of MIB3.

By the way, I was informed by the system that an MIB3 software update is available. I did not confirm the update since I did not want to waste time for updating instead of testing.

Ist das Forum jetzt auf Englisch? :-)

Zitat:

@vstrom650 schrieb am 12. Februar 2021 um 06:50:35 Uhr:

Zitat:

Don‘t worry, you are not alone. Same for me in my Seat Arona 2021.

Only one of my several efforts was successful, but I can‘t remember how. And in this case the sound of Apple Music, started in Carplay in Infotainment of the car, was streamed to my iphone and not to the Beats Soundsystem of the car! Strange.

It seems you have to connect to the „My Seat..“ WLAN of the car. I got a message „This WLAN is not connected to the internet. Connect anyway?“. In another thread it was mentioned to cancel this message and not to confirm. But it dit not work for me.

Other threads report that an update for infotainment is expected for spring to solve the bugs. But I do not have a confirmation from Seat. I will visit my Seat dealer next week and will come back in this thread afterwards.

I cannot get the wireless carplay connection as well...i got my new tarraco since 1 week and i am getting creazy to have the wireless connection working! I don't receive the message for choosing bet. BT and carplay... It goes straight to the BT mode... I went to Seat Dealer and they told me Tarraco does not have wireless carplay connection... Really don't know what do, tamasd, were you able to solve the issue?

If amybody knows the procedure, please share, i am really concerned witb this problems..

Thanks to all

Just follow the instructions in the manual step by step

I did it 5 times... I doesn't work, when i connect to the BT, it just works as BT connection. When i use the cable, once i remove it, it does not keep the connection...

Is there a specific optional to buy for the wireless network?

Thanks

Deine Antwort