3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Phaeton
  6. Please help with purchase of Phaeton - Solardach issue

Please help with purchase of Phaeton - Solardach issue

VW Phaeton 3D
Themenstarteram 8. Februar 2015 um 23:11

Hallo,

I want to buy a 2009 Phaeton. I know from the seler that it is equipped with Solardach. However, I have read at the EPOC website that GP2 has the following feature: Solar-Schiebedach in Verbindung mit RNS810 ab Werk ohne Funktion.

Does this mean that the Phaeton I want to buy can have the stand ventilation not operational? If yes, how can I check remotely with the seler whether the stand ventilation works or not?

Thank you in advance for your answers/comments.

Arek

Ähnliche Themen
15 Antworten

if im not mistakin there are gp2 owners here with solar roof and i believe they have it operational.

try contacting g_unit_soldier

PS: it will be not easy to get it into operation under these conditions. you need sunshine and very high cabin temperature since its designed for powering the ventilation and cooling down to temps around 40°C.

Zitat:

@Arekzu schrieb am 9. Februar 2015 um 00:11:21 Uhr:

Hallo,

I want to buy a 2009 Phaeton. I know from the seler that it is equipped with Solardach. However, I have read at the EPOC website that GP2 has the following feature: Solar-Schiebedach in Verbindung mit RNS810 ab Werk ohne Funktion.

Does this mean that the Phaeton I want to buy can have the stand ventilation not operational? If yes, how can I check remotely with the seler whether the stand ventilation works or not?

Thank you in advance for your answers/comments.

Arek

It is easy to check. When the roof receives sunshine, independly from the inner temperature, the fan works.

You can hear it in front of the front windshield on the right side, when you come very close with your ear. Even on the Air outlets inside, you can feel the airflow. The only thing you need is sunshine, which we all like :-)

Thomas

Hello,

my 2009 GP2 has the "Solarschiebedach". At low temperatures, like now, it isn't possible to check if the solar sunroof works. You only can activate it, when it's warm outside (i tried to activate it 5 mins. ago). In Summer you also can not activate the auxiliary heater.

[EDIT]

P.S.: In my opinion it is logically. When the sun is shining, but -20°C, and the stand ventilation is running, it would blow the cold air into the car. And i think, you don't want this :D

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2015 um 8:24

Thanks for your comments.

What does "Solar-Schiebedach in Verbindung mit RNS810 ab Werk ohne Funktion" exactly mean?

Zitat:

@Arekzu schrieb am 9. Februar 2015 um 09:24:11 Uhr:

What does "Solar-Schiebedach in Verbindung mit RNS810 ab Werk ohne Funktion" exactly mean?

Hi,

"Solar-Schiebedach" := sun roof with solar cells

"RNS810" := navigation system named RNS810

"in Verbindung mit" := the options sun roof and RNS810 are sold together as a bundle

"ab Werk" := means that it's not an after market solution but instead build this way from VW in the first

"ohne Funktion" := not operational = defect

Reads togehter: factory bundled sun roof with solar cooling and RNS810 not operational

MfG

Zitat:

@Arekzu schrieb am 9. Februar 2015 um 09:24:11 Uhr:

Thanks for your comments.

I've read the article at EPOC HP, and i think this sentence makes no sense! Why you shoud buy the solar roof for over 1000€, and it doesn't work?

If the Phaeton have the solar sun roof, the vents will work automatically, when sun is shining (and it's warm outside). Then you have to activate the solar ventilation in the RNS810 (SETUP --> vehicle --> solar ventilation), and the wooden ventilation covers will open.

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2015 um 9:32

g-unit_soldier, it also does not make sense for me!

does your car have Solardach and RNS810?

Zitat:

@Arekzu schrieb am 9. Februar 2015 um 10:32:40 Uhr:

g-unit_soldier, it also does not make sense for me!

does your car have Solardach and RNS810?

yes, my phaeton have the solar sun roof, see my posts above, and it works properly in summer.

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2015 um 11:48

Thanks. Of course I noticed in your prior posts that you have a solar roof. I just wanted to know whether you have solar roof together with RNS810. From the article on GP2 on EPOC I unerstand that the solar roof is not operational only if the car is equipped with it together with RNS810.

All Phaetons since GP2 have the RNS810. This Radio/Navi is standard equipment. RNS = Radio Navigations System.

Only GP0, GP1 and GP1,5 (2002 - 2008) have the old ZAB

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2015 um 13:15

Thank you very much!

Themenstarteram 9. Februar 2015 um 13:39

By the way, is it possible to change the language in the RNS810 from German to English myself or should I go to the dealer to do this for me?

Zitat:

@Arekzu schrieb am 9. Februar 2015 um 14:39:52 Uhr:

By the way, is it possible to change the language in the RNS810 from German to English myself or should I go to the dealer to do this for me?

I think it's no problem to change it by yourself! You could change language with the steering wheel and the small display near the speedometer. But i don't know, if this change the language of the MFA and the RNS810! I will try it this evening and let you know.

Ok, if you change the language in the MFA, only the MFA is english, the RNS810 remains german. Maybe an english firmware could be installed, but I don't know.

Furthermore I have to appologize. I was wrong regarding the solar ventilation. It could be activated at low temperatures too (this morning i forgot to turn the ignition on). I've just tested it. But the vents didn't work. Unfortunately I don't know, if it was because of the low temperature, or the poor light.

SORRY for my mistake!

Deine Antwort