4. BMW
  5. 5er
  6. 5er F07 (GT), F10 & F11
  7. SOS phone error

SOS phone error

BMW 5er F10
Themenstarteram 19. Juli 2024 um 23:37

Hello everyone.

I have a F10 518 D from February 2016 , I bought the car new and it came with an NBT unit and HUD and 6WA cluster.

3years ago I had a retrofit done from 6WA to 6WB and from NBT to NBT EVO but kept the screen of the original NBT , everything is stil working perfectly but today I was driving on the Highway and I got an error SOS phone not working or not working properly. I stopt the car and shut the car down and restarted the car and the error is still there so I pushed the SOS button and the call went true. I said to the guy that I was trying the connection because suddenly I got this error, so the guy said okay and closed the connection.

So what can be the problem if I can make a phone so pushing the SOS button?

Whit the retrofit I did not change to a ATM ( u think this is the module that the NBT EVO uses, this year in Belgium they are going to shut down the 3G band I already got an email from my provider to inform me but for my cellphone I use 5G. Could this SOS error appear because they shut down the 3 G band? I don’t think so because I could still make the SOS call from the car. If this can’t be solved is there a way to code the error out ? Because now I can’t see the miles that the car has , can’t see no information in the bottom of the cluster because the error is always there.