2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Passat
  6. Passat B5 & B5 GP
  7. Tiptronic probleme

Tiptronic probleme

Themenstarteram 15. März 2007 um 12:36

Hello, I will write in English because Im bad in German writing. Please understand. You can answer in German of course, I understand.

I bought injuried car Passat 3B Year 1998 2.3 VR5 Tiptronic gears ZF 5HP19 - DUM.

I cannot checked exactly the gears (all stages) before sale but when I give to stage R od D the car throtes/pulls (gears).

After reparing the chaassis and wheel holders my mechanic change the filter and ATF oil in tiptronic gears. On dashboard dissapear the LCD display for gear posititon (PRND321) . there is no sign. D and R position are now without pulls and throtes but therre is luck of power. I have feeling that it stocks in stage 3 (4), Tiptronic manula shifting is out (no reacting). Rear white lights for R is turned on even in D stage.

OBD tester has no gear modul detected. If I take a ride for 10m you can smell the oil, but there is no leaking noted. 5l of oil was replaced by oil change. Mechanik said me that he knew the procedure and that gear went to FAIL SAFE MODE possibly.

Can anybody give me advise what to do?

Thanks a very very lot.

Ähnliche Themen
17 Antworten

Re: Tiptronic probleme

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von uros

OBD tester has no gear modul detected...

There seams to be a communication problem between the TCU and ECU. Check all the wiring between the TCU and ECU and check all the fuses as well. Fail safe mode is 3rd gear in hydraulic mode (no lock up clutch) in the 01V tranny as far as I know.

Themenstarteram 16. März 2007 um 8:30

Danke.

Do you probably know where in the car is the gear ECU located?

uros

gear ecu (tcu=transmission control unit) is usually below the carpet of the right front seat. maybe it doesn't get any current (check the fuse before dismounting the tcu). what diagnostic tool do you use, VAG-COM?

Themenstarteram 16. März 2007 um 10:34

Hello,

we used Ross-Tech obd converter - via Laptop.

Softwear: VAG COM.

regards,

Uros

which version?

Themenstarteram 16. März 2007 um 13:10

We used the latest English version downloaded from Ross_Tech intenet site.

The converter is via RS232 used.

Do you have any idea about oil smell after few meters?

Thanks again.

maybe there is little leakage that you didn't recognize yet (TC bearing/gasket/slip bush). You should use at least VAG-COM version 409.1. If the communication with the tcu is down you should see some errors in the ecu, did you check this already?

Themenstarteram 19. März 2007 um 6:43

We check again the TCU and ECU with TEXA soft and hardweare. TCU cannot be found. On ECU was the only error

somthing with voltage (I switch on and off the acu several times-I think thats the reason). I still dont know where is the TCU located. I take off

the carpets by bydriver legs area (on A saule?! area) there are only some relays and conectors.

Do you think a have to take of the bydriver seat? I dont know why ECu does not have signed error of connection with TCU...

Thank.

Uros

Themenstarteram 21. März 2007 um 12:31

Hello, I found the mistake. The TCU was impaired with watter.

Some electric circuits are broken. Im looking for new TCU with service code 3B0 927 156 E. Do you probably know if there is option to reprogram teh 3B0 927 156 S (from TDI Passat) to be equal to 3B0 927 156 E (Passat VR5)?

Best regards and thanks for help.

Uros

hard to say, maybe you can reprogram the "s" tcu with the eprom content of the "e" tcu, but no guaranty that this will work. the 3b0927156e was used in B5 2,3l 150PS engine AGZ untill 3B-X-600000. the 3b0927156s was used in a diesel, engine code AVF with tranny EYF.

if you are interrested in a small documentation sheet about the 01V tranny then send me a pn with your email address.

Themenstarteram 22. März 2007 um 11:25

of course Im interested for any documentation. My addres: uros.semeja@bshg.com

Just now my TCU is prepared with ultraSchall then we can see if anything is possible to repair. But Im not sure about.

I would rather buy some used electronics. The price for new one is about 1100 EUR....

Thanks and regards,

Uros

yesterday i had a look in akte and found something about less than 700 € for the tcu. but i would also first try to repair the damage on the tcu somehow. aoyue has some some nice repair stations that are also used by chip tuners or mobile repair people.

Deine Antwort