3. Auto
  4. Volvo
  5. V40 2
  6. TPMS resetten/anlernen

TPMS resetten/anlernen

Volvo
Themenstarteram 18. Dezember 2021 um 11:30

Hallo zusammen,

seit einigen Wochen nervt mich mein TPMS-System mit Warnungen, die auch nach Rekalibrierung nicht dauerhaft weggehen. Da der Wagen mittlerweile 7 Jahre alt ist, vermute ich, daß die Batterien in den Sensoren den Geist aufgegeben haben.

Um diese Diagnose zu verifizieren wollte ich mit meinem neu erworbenen Diagnosegerät von iCarSoft den Fehlerspeicher auslesen, außer einigen generischen Meldungen, die sich nicht eindeutig zuordnen ließen, fand sich aber keine TPMS-spezifische Meldung, es wird bei der Analyse auch kein TPMS-Modul erkannt. Die TPMS-Wartungsfunktion, die das Gerät für einige Marken unterstützt, ist für Volvo allgemein nicht verfügbar.

Nun frage ich mich, ob Volvo das TPMS-Modul generell nicht 'offen' geschaltet hat, so daß ein Sensorenwechsel nur von einer authorisierten Volvo-Werkstatt mittels VIDA erfolgen könnte oder ist mein OBD-Gerät nur nicht hinreichend kompatibel zu Volvo?

Ich kann mir eigentlich nicht vorstellen, daß Volvo quasi von allen Reifendiensten verlangt, sich für VIDA zu registrieren, nur um an Volvos neue Sensoren anlernen zu können (oder Fehlerdiagnose betreiben zu können). Andererseits ist es tatsächlich ein Mal vorgekommen, daß ein Reifendienst (größere Kette), nach einem Reifenwechsel nicht in der Lage war, die Sensoren korrekt zu kalibrieren, weil ihr eigener Tester mit dem Volvo nicht klarkam und die On-Board-Kalibrierung eher so la la funktioniert.

Grüße

Olli

Ähnliche Themen
8 Antworten

The indication that you can recalibrate your TPMS through the car menu suggests that you have indirect TPMS on your Volvo, which measures the speed of rotation of individual wheels using the ABS system, so does not have tyre valve pressure sensors in each wheel.

From VIDA, "The iTPMS function is integrated in the Brake Control Module (BCM) and is based on software logic that uses existing sensors in the vehicle. No extra sensors need to be introduced for the function. However, the extra software requires a slightly larger microprocessor in the Brake Control Module (BCM) and so the part number of the Brake Control Module (BCM) differs for vehicles that are not equipped with iTPMS.

"If necessary, the iTPMS system can be calibrated via customer request in a menu option in the front screen. This can be done for example after changing tyre pressure, replacing tyres or swapping tyres between wheels. In the event of such a request for calibrating iTPMS, a text message appears stating that calibration has been initiated. ITPMS calibration should not take longer than 19 minutes for normal gentle driving on tarmac at speeds between 50-100 km/h.

"For iTPMS to be active, the vehicle must be in ignition position II.

"To calculate the pressure in the tyres, iTPMS mainly uses the [ABS]wheel sensors, information from other sensors is also needed as well as the vehicle's configuration according to the image and table."

Themenstarteram 18. Dezember 2021 um 12:05

Nein, ich habe leider die Sensoren in den Reifen und imho auch genau deshalb die Kalibrierungsfunktion im BC.

OK, assuming that you have the direct TPMS system, again according to VIDA there should not be any calibration menu on the car. The CEM is factory pre-programmed with the suitable tyre pressure ranges for the car, and the pressure sensors in the wheels transmit actual pressure readings to the CEM via the Remote Keyless Entry module (RKE) or via a separate Remote Receiver Module (RRX) if the car doesn't have keyless entry.

The only calibration function provided is to learn a new wheel sensor to the car. It can either be carried out through VIDA, or by driving the car faster than 40 km/h for at least 10 minutes. The DIM will initially warn of low tyre pressure at the wheel fitted with the new sensor. The warning will go out when the CEM has recognised the new sensor. Since the system can receive signals from sensors fitted to other vehicles parked or being driven nearby, the car has to be driven a certain distance before the CEM can be certain that the signal from a new sensor is being sent from a wheel on the same car, unless it is programmed through VIDA.

If a warning of low tyre pressure is received in use, the only way to cancel it is to reinflate the tyre to the correct pressure and then turn on the ignition.

When you said that warnings did not go away after calibration, I assumed you had the menu in the infotainment screen that allows you to recalibrate the system by selecting that function and driving the car. If you have that systems, you have indirect TPMS which monitors wheel rotational speed via the ABS system. I suppose it could be possible for a car with iTPMS to mistakenly have wheels with RF sensors fitted to them, but in that case the wheel sensors are redundant.

I don't know what features are present on your iCarsoft device, but if it can read live data the tyre pressures reported by the wheel sensors should be readable from the CEM when a suitable diagnostic device is connected to it. If the iCarsoft can do that, it would confirm whether the sensors are transmitting and being received by the system. If it is simply a fault code reader, it may not be able to show that information.

Also, if you do have direct TPMS, any faults with the wheel sensors should cause diagnostic fault codes to be stored (which your iCarsoft should be able to read) and a warning message in the DIM.

Themenstarteram 19. Dezember 2021 um 13:27

Thank you, so any OBD-II kompatible device should be able to read Volvo TPMS-Errors? I can contact the support of iCarSoft, maybe they can deliver me an update that enables reading TPMS errors on my V40.

Besides that, my car definitely has factory-fitted TPMS wheel sensors, and it definitely has the onboard calibrate menu. I have been bothering Volvo a long time because of these sensors I hadn't ordered because they have been causing trouble ever since.

It's one of those that were produced with direct TPMS as early 2015 MY, in order to fulfill new EU regulations. After a few months they ran out of sensors (because the demand for these sensors had been heavily underestimated) and switched back to indirect TPMS after 2 or 3 months.

No, OBD2/EOBD2 is a generic protocol that provides access to ECM fault codes and emissions related monitoring for all types of vehicles that are required to comply. Access to fault codes and other procedures on the other system ECUs on an individual vehicle requires a diagnostic tool that is specific to that vehicle manufacturer, or sometimes to the particular model. Your iCarsoft device is a Volvo specific tool. It should connect to any compatible vehicle of any make and read and reset OBD2 fault codes. It also has Volvo specific functions that enables it to connect to various other ECUs on Volvo cars, read fault codes on those systems and perform some other Volvo specific functions. But it would not be able to retrieve non-drivetrain specific fault codes on, say a Mercedes, because they use different codes, so you would need a tool that is either specific to Mercedes, or a (usually more expensive tool) that support multiple systems on multiple makes of vehicle.

I don't know exactly what the iCarsoft tool is capable of, although looking at their website the newest VOL.3 tool looks fairly comprehensive. No aftermarket tools will be as comprehensive as VIDA though.

You might find that VIDA 2014D can connect to your 2015 car, and VDASH should also be able to read all fault codes on your car, but you would need a DiCE clone to connect to both of those software programs.

Themenstarteram 19. Dezember 2021 um 23:08

I have the iCarSoft CR Max, according to the seller it has all available make-specific extensions. But looks like it doesn't:(.

BTW: In the pic are these error messages I got when reading my Volvo the first time. Not sure if that has to do with TPMS. Anyway, after deleting them, they did not show up again, but I still have the TPMS error on the dash.

Those error messages relate to the left front tyre, left rear tyre and right front tyre pressure sensors. The fault is identical for all three sensors: "Pressure sensor and transmitter assembly - component failure. No operation".

The code is stored if the control module detects that a pressure sensor with an ID-number that was received earlier in the current drive cycle is no longer sending messages. The possible reasons are 1) a damaged or faulty tyre pressure sensor, or 2) the remote receiver module is not working.

From the description, it seems that a fault will only be stored if a sensor stops working during the current journey. If the sensor stopped working during a previous journey, and you have cleared the fault code, it seems that the fault will not be logged again in any subsequent journeys, unless the sensor is transmitting and being received at some point during each of those journeys.

The following checks are suggested in VIDA:

Does the remote key fob lock and unlock the car doors? If not, the car needs to be connected to VIDA to carry out further tests on the CEM and KVM communication.

If the door locking and unlocking is OK, the individual tyre pressure sensors need to be checked.

A Continental TPMS system compatible TPMS diagnostic tool is required to check the operation of the sensors. If a sensor proves to be faulty, it must be replaced and the new sensor has to be activated and programmed to the vehicle using the same Continental TPMS compatible tool.

If the sensors pass all tests using the Continental tool, further diagnostic checks using VIDA are required.

That is from the diagnostic information in VIDA for the V40 MY2015 with direct TPMS fitted.

Aftermarket diagnostic readers are useful for reading and clearing diagnostic codes, and inferring the nature of a fault. Some can carry out additional servicing functions such as winding off electric parking brakes, resetting service intervals, ABS system bleeding etc., but very few if any can carry out all of the component programming and activation tests and canbus communications tests that VIDA permits.

Themenstarteram 21. Dezember 2021 um 0:03

Ok, seems that the iCarSoft device isn't as bad as I thought. The remote key fob is still locking and unlocking, so it must be definitely the TPMS sensors. They are about 7 years old now and that is the age I have been told they will usually live. But I think it is very strange behaviour that Volvo stores the TPMS error only once, and never again once it has been deleted, even though the error is still existent.

My first thought was that 'Linkes Vorderradmodul' could mean the TPMS sensor but since it wasn't named as such and the message disappeared after deleting it, I thought it must have been something else.

This diagnosis device from Autel claims to support 98% of all TPMS sensors, nevertheless the Continental brand is not mentioned namely. Would be almost twice of the price of the iCarSoft device, not sure if it is worth it. Would be nice if it could not only recognize and register TPMS sensors but also show the pressure they have measured.

Deine Antwort