ForumKäfer
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Volkswagen
  5. Käfer, New Beetle & Beetle
  6. Käfer
  7. VW Käfer Cabriolet 1302S -72 plötzlich kein Leerlauf?

VW Käfer Cabriolet 1302S -72 plötzlich kein Leerlauf?

VW Käfer 1302
Themenstarteram 29. Juli 2019 um 17:59

Hi guys & dolls,

My Cabriolet 1302S -72 has lots of new parts in engine and it was running so well until about a week ago, when it started to stall when stopping at traffic lights etc. The engine doesn't run evenly but started to nick back and forth. My Käfer-Guru is on vacation, what would you recommend as the first easy steps to check?

Ähnliche Themen
20 Antworten

Check for false (inleaked) air.

Tubes and connections at the carburetor, membrane of the vacuum actuator, the sealings between intake pipe and head....

Possibly you may use some inflammable brake cleaner spray or so to find leaks. While spraying onto suspicious parts the machine will change its rpm if the gas is sucked in, but be careful not to burn down the car.

Michael

Mod-Info: der User kommt tatsächlich nicht aus D

@Kupla

I only told, that you realy post from outside germany ;)

Maybe that will help

NoGolf

MT-Team

am 29. Juli 2019 um 19:47

Hi kupla,

Single or twin carb?

As Micheal already mentioned tho

It could be as simpel as an airleak

Cheers Horst

If single Solex (genuine) carburetor still is installed on the engine, first I would check the solenoid idle shutdown valve. Does it click when you switch on ignition?

If not, check plug be properly installed on valve. Check voltage on valve.

I've never seen a blown solenoid, but last time I was working on Käfer-Engine iis more than 30 years ago, so you might check the solenoid also.

Themenstarteram 30. Juli 2019 um 4:25

Pics of carburetor

I just marked the solenoid I was talking about.

Switch on ignition, remove the cable lug and reconnect. You should hear a click. You can unscrew the solenoid. Connect cable and touch metal ground with solenoid housing. You should see the valve being retracted.

If you have a multimeter you can check electrical resistance of solenoid. I do not know the exact value, maybe around 100 to 300 ohms. If resistance is much larger (more than a couple of kiloohms or infinite), the solenoids coil is blown.

Hm, can't see nothing unusual in the carburetor pics, except the fact you're missing the vacuum ignition timing adjustment.

But a different point: there seems to be a little mechanical force to the cables plugged into the distributor cap. Maybe there is one cable loose ad the machine is only running on three cylinders when ideling? With higher rpms the spark is somewhat stronger and can jump a bigger gap...

Michael

As far as I can see the carburetor is no genuine Solex but a reproduction. But this fact does not cause the sudden problems.

Themenstarteram 30. Juli 2019 um 11:24

Zitat:

@Xotzil schrieb am 30. Juli 2019 um 08:53:01 Uhr:

I just marked the solenoid I was talking about.

Switch on ignition, remove the cable lug and reconnect. You should hear a click. You can unscrew the solenoid. Connect cable and touch metal ground with solenoid housing. You should see the valve being retracted.

If you have a multimeter you can check electrical resistance of solenoid. I do not know the exact value, maybe around 100 to 300 ohms. If resistance is much larger (more than a couple of kiloohms or infinite), the solenoids coil is blown.

Fix#1 done. I can hear the click so I guess I should not unscrew the solenoid. My multimeter shows 111 ohms but then again I'm a rookie with that one. This option can probabably be written off? Thanks!

Themenstarteram 30. Juli 2019 um 11:24

Zitat:

@Xotzil schrieb am 30. Juli 2019 um 11:26:37 Uhr:

As far as I can see the carburetor is no genuine Solex but a reproduction. But this fact does not cause the sudden problems.

It says EMPI so I guess it is reproduction indeed

Deine Antwort