ForumA4 B8
  1. Startseite
  2. Forum
  3. Auto
  4. Audi
  5. A4
  6. A4 B8
  7. A4 B8 (8K). Anybody drove this car WITHOUT servotronic?

A4 B8 (8K). Anybody drove this car WITHOUT servotronic?

Audi A4 B8/8K
Themenstarteram 3. August 2011 um 22:29

Anybody drove this car WITHOUT servotronic?

Is it really much difficult to turn the steering wheel, than any other cars with simple power steering (like Opel, french or japanese and other cars)?

What is your impressions of car without servotronic?

Dealer offers to order such a car. But unfortunately test-drive is impossible because car is not delivered yet.

Thank you!!!

Beste Antwort im Thema

Yes, I drove the car without servotronic. In my opinion it was very unhappy, especially using the tires 245/40 R 18. Some people call it "armour-steering" ;)

For further information:

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/servotronic-ja-oder-nein-t2463623.html?

http://www.motor-talk.de/forum/servotronic-nachruesten-t2140333.html

18 weitere Antworten
Ähnliche Themen
18 Antworten

Yes, I drove the car without servotronic. In my opinion it was very unhappy, especially using the tires 245/40 R 18. Some people call it "armour-steering" ;)

For further information:

I've had a test drive with an A4 Avant (143 hp) without servotronic a few days ago ... and in fact I was surprised about the neccesary effort to turn the steering wheel, specially at low or very low speed (with 225 tires, I think) - backing into a parking lot is like a personal workout ... but it's not that bad at higher speed.

If you have the chance to order the car WITH servotronic I'd recommend to do that; if not - well, I'm sure you'll get used to it ... ;)

am 4. August 2011 um 8:13

Hi there,

i belong to the non-servotronic-fraction. I drove both servotronic & non-servotronic.

While i liked the servotronic at low speeds i disliked it very much at higher speeds.

The change from soft to hard is in my opinion not really predictable.

I decided finally against servotronic, and i am very happy without it (17" - 225er wheels).

It don´t think it is too hard, even at lower speeds.

But the best thing would be if you yourself compare both of them live.

I drove an Audi A4 (with tyre size 245/40 R18) for more than 93.000 km without Servetronic. As I configured and ordered the car in spring 2008 I did not see a necessity for this option and - I did not missed it.

For 2 weeks I drive an A5 with servotronic (and tyres 255/35 R19) and I already notice a difference at slow speed.

Best regards

T_L

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von CAHA_B8

For further information:

... I think you mean "It's like trying to steer a tank" ;)

Panzer = Tank

Panzerung = Armour

am 4. August 2011 um 8:44

My Carseller told me yesterday that he doesn´t like Servotronic. Without Servotronic and 19" it´s for him more Sporty than with Servotronic. Saturday i will try a car without and with servotronic.

I can recommend everyone to purchase the car with a servotronic. First I was in doubt and not sure about the benefit, but in the end I will never miss it!

My dealer said, you can forego many extras but not the servotronic. I think he`s absolutely right! :D

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von vilafor

My dealer said, you can forego many extras but not the servotronic. I think he`s absolutely right! :D

Exactly!

I did a lot of time and effort to upgrade to servotronic. Never again I would do the mistake ordering a car without this feature.

(or wait to the B8 facelift and you will not have this delicate choice, than it seems you will get the brand-new electromechanical steering)

am 4. August 2011 um 10:31

I´m totally satisfied with the stock power steering, but I think it mostly depends on the person you are ;) Your wife could kill you for not ordering the servotronic steering... 

Btw. this thread reminds me in most english forums where germans are flamed to death for NOT asking their questions in english

Themenstarteram 6. August 2011 um 17:22

Many thanks to all for replies! :)

Unfortunately I can't find a car without servotronic for test drive.

Is there any difference between necessary effort to turn steering wheel when engine started and stopped on car without this option?

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von vladimir_ua

Is there any difference between necessary effort to turn steering wheel when engine started and stopped on car without this option?

No one seems to understand your question, what do you want to know exactly...?

There is a very important difference regarding the effort to turn the steering wheel at low speed of the car.

(-> After the engine is stopped both steerings are same stiff as usual for a hydraulic system driven by the engine).

Themenstarteram 7. August 2011 um 10:54

Zitat:

There is a very important difference regarding the effort to turn the steering wheel at low speed of the car.

Well, I understand it. But is car without servotronic similar as old cars without power steering at all or not? (at low speed)

Is there a significant difference?

Zitat:

Original geschrieben von vladimir_ua

Zitat:

Well, I understand it. But is car without servotronic similar as old cars without power steering at all or not? (at low speed)

Is there a significant difference?

My B8 with powersteering (non servotronic) feels the same like my B5 (11 years) old with powersteering. The difference to a car without powersteering is huge !

am 7. August 2011 um 13:42

Totally agree to Audimann77

Stock Power steering makes steering LOTS easier compared to non power steered cars!

Just drive any car that nearly fits the A4s weight an length with normal power steering and you will know how the A4 steering is working without servotronic

Deine Antwort