4. Volkswagen
  5. Passat
  6. Passat B8
  7. question about purchasing a used bitdi

question about purchasing a used bitdi

VW Passat B8, VW Passat
Themenstarteram 6. August 2016 um 22:31

Hi guys,

Sorry for posting in English but my Deutschsprache isn'the as good as it used to be. Apologies if I brake the forum rules and posting in a foreign language.

I can get a Nov 2014 Passat bitdi that was originally purchased from Deutschland in Dec 2015 with only 1000km.

Now it has 8200km. It is absolutely full options.

It has been checked with 3 vw dealers with no damage or repair in its history. But I have two concerns:

1. it has no "4motion" logo on its front bumper. Only there!

2. the trunk seems to be about 1mm lifted up than the sides of the car.

My questions are: do you know of such cars by "default"?

Here are some photos:

Danke schön!

Bild #208544420
Bild #208544421
Ähnliche Themen
14 Antworten
am 7. August 2016 um 8:09

German Quality for 65000 Euro:(, reply of VW service - das ist doch kein Bentley!!!!

I think, you can easily remove the 4 motion sign in the front grill, it's only clipped, but i could be also point to a front damage, i mean they probably had forgotten to fix the sign after the repair.

Zitat:

@AndreiNR schrieb am 7. August 2016 um 00:31:58 Uhr:

Hi guys,

Sorry for posting in English but my Deutschsprache isn'the as good as it used to be. Apologies if I brake the forum rules and posting in a foreign language.

I can get a Nov 2014 Passat bitdi that was originally purchased from Deutschland in Dec 2015 with only 1000km.

Now it has 8200km. It is absolutely full options.

It has been checked with 3 vw dealers with no damage or repair in its history. But I have two concerns:

1. it has no "4motion" logo on its front bumper. Only there!

2. the trunk seems to be about 1mm lifted up than the sides of the car.

My questions are: do you know of such cars by "default"?

Here are some photos:

Danke schön!

At the beginning of production (it was about that time), the "4Motion" badge were sometimes not on the front, however it should be there.

Much to less kilometers for the age...

Mine (01/15) also hasn't the 4M at the Front.

Themenstarteram 7. August 2016 um 14:03

First of all thanks for your answers.

So there are passats like this one without damages.

The history of the car is this:

It was purchased in December 2015 from a vw dealer named auto-hartel in Germany.

It has so few km because the owner is almost always in Germany and it ownes 3 more cars.

The car was checked in 3 places including for foreign repairs in Germany or other countries. It came clean!

I will do another check at vw in its town to see the paint depth.

I hope that the trunk lid is easily adjustable.

The car has saint tropez nappa interior... that will be a pain in the a... :)

Hi Andrei,

can you also disclose the price? I have a similar one with full oprtions from Nov 2014, no 4motion on the front grill, which is normal.

Themenstarteram 7. August 2016 um 15:04

I will... it was very tough negociated and the owner moves to Munchen so he needs to sell it. After a week with the online add to sell it ,he changed his minds and remove the add.

I was bargain for 2 months: last price is 32500 . ;)

It has almost everything including dynaudio, navigation pro, memory seats, 19" veronas (I'might not very happy about that ), 4 winter tyres on 19" and a lot of extras...

Themenstarteram 7. August 2016 um 15:09

Zitat:

@paolokos schrieb am 7. August 2016 um 10:09:48 Uhr:

German Quality for 65000 Euro:(, reply of VW service - das ist doch kein Bentley!!!!

Have you adjusted the lid? If so, how?

I know there''s a slit for an imbus and also some rubber dampers which might help.

Thanks

Zitat:

@AndreiNR schrieb am 7. August 2016 um 17:04:51 Uhr:

I will... it was very tough negociated and the owner moves to Munchen so he needs to sell it. After a week with the online add to sell it ,he changed his minds and remove the add.

I was bargain for 2 months: last price is 32500 . ;)

It has almost everything including dynaudio, navigation pro, memory seats, 19" veronas (I'might not very happy about that ), 4 winter tyres on 19" and a lot of extras...

Thanks, as expected, the B8 bitdi loses a lot of value. List price new 65k...after 20 month the price is down by 50%. Nobody wants to pay for a second hand Passat more than 30k even if the original price was more than double.

Themenstarteram 7. August 2016 um 15:47

Not quite.. here a bitu with 25000 km is 46000 euros at welt auto. I would say a 40000 e is a normal price for them.

Ok, where is here, is it still in Europe? They might try to ask for 40k, but they will never get it. With 25tkm and 1 year old (again list price war 66t€ in Germany) I tried to give mine back to the dealer and get an other car. The best offer he could give me was 35k which I did not accept. The reality is that he has simiar cars there sitting for more than one year which he had to sell even below 35k.

Zitat:

@chrisschorsch schrieb am 7. August 2016 um 18:02:03 Uhr:

Ok, where is here, is it still in Europe? They might try to ask for 40k, but they will never get it. With 25tkm and 1 year old (again list price war 66t€ in Germany) I tried to give mine back to the dealer and get an other car. The best offer he could give me was 35k which I did not accept. The reality is that he has simiar cars there sitting for more than one year which he had to sell even below 35k.

Andrei is obviously from Romania. So it's Europe.

Themenstarteram 7. August 2016 um 17:05

Yes I'm from Romania.

The dealer offers something below market price because they have to get a profit and to cover if something goes wrong in the guarantee time after selling

But I do agree: a 50% depeciation is a lot but I would guess that if someone is spending over 60k euros on a vw passat with a lot of extras, that person would keep the car for some time.

I usually keep mines for over five years. While that might seem a lot nowadays, I don't see the point upgrading a perfectly working car just to give another reason to manufacturers to produce quantity with some gizmos over quality.

Just my opinion :)

Deine Antwort